Gluten-free Pasta Market: Introduction
The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated that nearly 1-2% of the global population has been affected by food intolerance and sensitivities. The organization also reveals that there is significant growth in prevalence of celiac disease, wherein gluten consumption triggers an immune response in the human body, causing serious damage to small intestine. These factors have provided immense opportunities for various free-from food market, including the global market for gluten-free pasta.
The research report presents a precise overview of the global gluten-free pasta market. It takes various aspect of this market, such as the key trends, market dynamics, and segmentation, in consideration, to predict its performance over the period from 2018 to 2026. It also offers an assessment of each of the regional markets for gluten-free pasta across the world.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Gluten-free Pasta Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Gluten-free Pasta Market: Notable Development
- The trend of non-wheat pasta has gained momentum in North America. According to Washington Post, non-wheat pasta is a US$250 mn industry in the U.S. alone. The wide range of innovative noodles that features various ingredients, textures, flavors, and nutritional profiles, sends a clear message that North Americans have embraced the reinvention of pasta. Explore Cuisine, Banza, Tolerant, and various other North American brands, which specialize in pulse pastas, are shifting their focus away from carbs and, instead of that, are underlining the high-protein ingredients on the front of their packages.
Some of the key players in the global gluten-free pasta market are Quinoa Corp., AMI Operating Inc., H.J. Heinz Co., Barilla, RPs Pasta Co., Bionaturae LLC, Pastificio Lucio Garofalo S.p.A., Jovial Foods Inc., and Doves Farm Foods Ltd. These players are concentrating on innovation in products, using new flavors and ingredients, to maintain their position in the worldwide gluten-free pasta market.
Gluten-free Pasta Market Dynamics
Rising Number of Gluten Intolerant People to Support Market’s Growth
As of 2017, nearly 40 mn people were gluten intolerant or gluten-sensitive in the U.S. alone while in Europe, nearly 70 mn people were suffering from wheat intolerance. This has act as massive trigger for the demand for gluten-free products, including gluten-free pasta across the world, since consumers with food intolerance remain very conscious about what they eat.
The rising concern among the consumers regarding food ingredients has prompted players in the food industry to come up with various free-from food products, which, in turn, has boosted the global gluten-free pasta market substantially. Apart from this, the increasing number of patients suffering from celiac disease is also reflecting positively on the sales of gluten-free pasta across the world.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Gluten-free Pasta Market here
Asia Pacific to Report Faster Growth
Regionally, the global gluten-free pasta market registers its presence across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, Europe and North America has surfaced as the leading regional markets for gluten-free pasta. The high number of people suffering from celiac disease and wheat intolerance is the key factor behind the growth of this market. With this number continuing to increase, both the regional markets are likely to remain on the top over the next few years. Asia Pacific, on the other hand, is anticipated to report a faster growth in the near future, thanks to the rise in health conscious population and the increase in their disposable incomes.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.