Tactile Printing Market: Introduction
- Tactile printing is a process of creating a texture on a printing substrate, which can be sensed with a touch
- Paper, plastic films, rigid plastics, and various other materials are used as substrates in tactile printing. Features are then added to the surface of the substrate using a variety of techniques. These include embossing, pressing, plating, layering of inks, or use of special papers designed to selectively expand, creating a texture.
- Tactile printing is used in various applications in pharmaceutical, medical packaging, human services, health science, agriculture, service, and other sectors. Tactile printing is used in braille printing technology, braille printed games, wristbands, musical cards, pins, switches, visiting cards, location labels, stickers, greeting cards, and calculators.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Tactile Printing Market
- Increase in demand for tactile printing in pharmaceutical and medical sectors to add Braille to packaging is expected to boost the global market during the forecast period
- Rise in demand for tactile graphics to empower the visually impaired people at small and medium-sized enterprises in order to provide employment opportunities to a diverse range of candidates, thus accommodating physically disabled contenders in the workforce, is anticipated to drive the tactile printing market. Consequently, sectors such as marketing, business management & administration, human services, health science, and agriculture are extensively employing visually impaired aspirants at a large scale. This is also augmenting the tactile printing market.
- Demand for tactile printing is also being primarily driven by the increase in usage of the technique in mapping, labeling, packaging, security, and secure documentation applications
- High cost of tactile printing is negatively affecting the global tactile printing market
Tactile Printing Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the tactile printing market can be segmented into packaging & labels, tactile graphics, and secure documentation
- The packaging & labels segment dominated the global tactile printing market in 2020
- Tactile printing is primarily used in packaging and labeling operations across various verticals. It helps enterprises in garnering a broader customer base. Tactile printed packaging materials and labels also assist the visually impaired people. Furthermore, the use of tactile printing helps brands with trendy presentation and decorative embellishment in packaging.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Tactile Printing Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The COVID-19 pandemic has provided opportunities to the pharmaceutical sector. The use of tactile printing is rising in the pharmaceutical sector. This is boosting the global tactile printing market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Tactile Printing Market
- In terms of region, the global tactile printing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global tactile printing market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global tactile printing market in the near future due to the rise in demand for tactile printing in automotive, chemicals, cosmetics, and health, and beauty industries across the globe
- Increase in awareness about hygiene and changes in lifestyle of consumers are leading to a rise in preference for contamination-free food in countries across the globe. India, China, and Indonesia have stimulated developments in packaging inks and coating materials in Asia Pacific. High pace of industrialization and urbanization is fueling the adoption of the tactile printing technology in Asia Pacific.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Tactile Printing Market
The tactile printing market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the tactile printing market include:
- Braille Plus
- Braille Works
- Braigo Labs
- Nia Technologies
- AFB (American Foundation for Blind)
- American Thermoform
- O-Film Tech
- Canon Inc.
- Konica Minolta Group
- Roland DG
- ViewPlus Technologies Inc.
Tactile Printing Market: Research Scope
Tactile Printing Market, by Application
- Packaging & Labels
- Tactile Graphics
- Secure Documentation
Tactile Printing Market, by End-user
- Braille Users
- Government & Defense
Global Tactile Printing Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!