Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market: Introduction
- Various types of packaging materials, such as plastics, metals, and glass, are used in the cosmetics industry. A wide range of cosmetic packaging is made from plastic, due to its convenience and hygienic qualities.
- PP is a common type of plastic used in cosmetic packaging. Other plastics include PET and acrylic ingredients. Acrylic plastic has the appearance of glass, but does not break. From an esthetic perspective, plastics can be made in various colors or tints, depending on the material.
- Plastic cosmetic packaging possesses various properties. It is lightweight, flexible, unbreakable, durable, odorless, and has a pleasant appearance.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market
- Rise in demand for skin care products, hair colors, and fragrances is expected to boost the global plastic cosmetic packaging market during the forecast period.
- Increase in demand for lightweight, flexible, unbreakable, durable, and attractive products for packaging applications is also anticipated to drive the global plastic cosmetic packaging market during the forecast period. However, growth in environmental concerns regarding disposal of plastic and enactment of government regulations on the production of plastics are estimated to hamper the global plastic cosmetic packaging market.
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market: Material Type Segment
- In terms of material type, the global plastic cosmetic packaging market can be divided into polyethylene, polypropylene, polyethylene terephthalate, and others
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) is primarily used in the manufacture of plastic bottles for cosmetics. It is popular as it provides a sound oil barrier between the plastic and the product inside.
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the plastic cosmetic packaging market can be classified into hair care, skin care, nail care, and make-up
COVID-19 Impact on Global Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc.
- Thus, the COVID-19 pandemic is negatively affecting the packaging industry due to imposition of lockdowns by governments of many countries
- The pandemic has hampered the plastic cosmetic packaging industry, owing to closure of physical retail stores across the stores. However, availability of online retailing has absorbed some of the impact of this shut-down.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market
- In terms of region, the plastic cosmetic packaging market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global plastic cosmetic packaging market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period
- The region is likely to dominate the global plastic cosmetic packaging market due to the growth in population, and rise in urbanization and disposable income of the population. Presence of less stringent norms and standards for usage of raw materials or ingredients in the manufacture of packaging products, and easy availability of cheap labor are encouraging the major players in the region to expand their operations.
- The plastic cosmetic packaging market in Europe has been expanding due to high demand for daily-use products such as sunscreen and anti-aging creams
- Saudi Arabia and the UAE are expected to drive the demand for cosmetic products in the Middle East due to the increase in demand for halal cosmetics in the region. Thus, rise in demand for cosmetic is driving the packaging industry, thereby boosting the market in the region.
- The plastic cosmetic packaging market in Latin America and North America is projected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future due to increasing disposable income, change in consumer lifestyles, product presentation & differentiation, and rising demand for personal care products such as deodorants, hair sprays, and face & body creams in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market
The plastic cosmetic packaging market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the plastic cosmetic packaging market include:
- Amcor PLC
- Berry Global Inc.
- ABC Packaging Ltd
- Albea SA
- HCP Packaging
- AptarGroup, Inc. ,
- HCT Group
- Alovey Cosmetic Packaging Co., Ltd
- Quadpack Ltd.
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market: Research Scope
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Product
- Blister & Strip Packs
- Aerosol Cans
- Folding Cartons
- Flexible Plastics
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Material Type
- Polyethylene Terephthalate
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Application
- Hair Care
- Skin Care
- Nail Care
Global Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!