Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market: Introduction
- Various types of packaging materials, such as plastics, metals, and glass, are used in the cosmetics industry. A wide range of cosmetic packaging is made from plastic, due to its convenience and hygienic qualities.
- PP is a common type of plastic used in cosmetic packaging. Other plastics include PET and acrylic ingredients. Acrylic plastic has the appearance of glass, but does not break. From an esthetic perspective, plastics can be made in various colors or tints, depending on the material.
- Plastic cosmetic packaging possesses various properties. It is lightweight, flexible, unbreakable, durable, odorless, and has a pleasant appearance.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market
- Rise in demand for skin care products, hair colors, and fragrances is expected to boost the global plastic cosmetic packaging market during the forecast period.
- Increase in demand for lightweight, flexible, unbreakable, durable, and attractive products for packaging applications is also anticipated to drive the global plastic cosmetic packaging market during the forecast period. However, growth in environmental concerns regarding disposal of plastic and enactment of government regulations on the production of plastics are estimated to hamper the global plastic cosmetic packaging market.
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market: Material Type Segment
- In terms of material type, the global plastic cosmetic packaging market can be divided into polyethylene, polypropylene, polyethylene terephthalate, and others
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) is primarily used in the manufacture of plastic bottles for cosmetics. It is popular as it provides a sound oil barrier between the plastic and the product inside.
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the plastic cosmetic packaging market can be classified into hair care, skin care, nail care, and make-up
COVID-19 Impact on Global Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc.
- Thus, the COVID-19 pandemic is negatively affecting the packaging industry due to imposition of lockdowns by governments of many countries
- The pandemic has hampered the plastic cosmetic packaging industry, owing to closure of physical retail stores across the stores. However, availability of online retailing has absorbed some of the impact of this shut-down.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market
- In terms of region, the plastic cosmetic packaging market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global plastic cosmetic packaging market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period
- The region is likely to dominate the global plastic cosmetic packaging market due to the growth in population, and rise in urbanization and disposable income of the population. Presence of less stringent norms and standards for usage of raw materials or ingredients in the manufacture of packaging products, and easy availability of cheap labor are encouraging the major players in the region to expand their operations.
- The plastic cosmetic packaging market in Europe has been expanding due to high demand for daily-use products such as sunscreen and anti-aging creams
- Saudi Arabia and the UAE are expected to drive the demand for cosmetic products in the Middle East due to the increase in demand for halal cosmetics in the region. Thus, rise in demand for cosmetic is driving the packaging industry, thereby boosting the market in the region.
- The plastic cosmetic packaging market in Latin America and North America is projected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future due to increasing disposable income, change in consumer lifestyles, product presentation & differentiation, and rising demand for personal care products such as deodorants, hair sprays, and face & body creams in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market
The plastic cosmetic packaging market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the plastic cosmetic packaging market include:
- Amcor PLC
- Berry Global Inc.
- ABC Packaging Ltd
- Albea SA
- HCP Packaging
- AptarGroup, Inc. ,
- HCT Group
- Alovey Cosmetic Packaging Co., Ltd
- Quadpack Ltd.
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market: Research Scope
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Product
- Blister & Strip Packs
- Aerosol Cans
- Folding Cartons
- Flexible Plastics
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Material Type
- Polyethylene Terephthalate
Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Application
- Hair Care
- Skin Care
- Nail Care
Global Plastic Cosmetic Packaging Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.