Declining graphic papers demand to create a setback for the global bleached hardwood kraft pulp market
Bleached hardwood kraft pulp (BHKP) is a short fiber pulp and possess properties such as good opacity, porosity, absorbency and formation. These properties of the bleached hardwood kraft pulp are utilized in the production of wide range of products from soft tissues to hard paperboard for packaging. The demand for newsprint and graphic papers (writing and printing papers) is declining globally creating an offset for the global bleached hardwood kraft pulp market, while strong and inclining demand from packaging industry for bleached hardwood kraft pulp has uplifted the global market. The Low lignin content in the hardwood pulp allows better bleaching with chemicals as compared to softwood pulp, representing a significant incremental revenue opportunity for the global bleached hardwood kraft pulp market during the forecast period.
Global Bleached Hardwood Kraft Pulp Market Dynamics
Increasing consumer preference for digital media over print has created a setback for the demand for newsprint paper and graphic papers across the globe. The collective global market size for newsprint and graphic paper is expected to drop by around 10% in the next eight years, restraining the addressable market size for the bleached hardwood kraft pulp. On the other hand, the rapidly increasing adoption of hygiene papers, which include tissue paper products, sanitary napkins and diapers, is expected to boost the bleached hardwood kraft pulp market, especially in the emerging economies. Intolerance towards the plastic packaging solutions and compliance of regulations for limiting the usage of plastics in the packaging industry has created a gradual shift of the packaging industry towards bio-degradable packaging solutions such as paper packaging solutions, propelling bleached hardwood kraft pulp market. Thus, packaging and hygiene paper demand has created a lucrative growth opportunity for the bleached hardwood kraft pulp producers across the globe.
Global Bleached Hardwood Kraft Pulp Market Segmentation
The global bleached hardwood kraft pulp market can be segmented on the basis of pulping process as
The global bleached hardwood kraft pulp market can be segmented on the basis of bleaching as
- Chlorine Bleaching (Chlorine gas & Hypochlorite)
- Totally Chlorine Free (TCF)
- Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF)
- Oxygen/Ozone Bleached
The global bleached hardwood kraft pulp market can be segmented on the basis of grades as
The global bleached hardwood kraft pulp market can be segmented on the basis of application as
- Packaging Paper
- Corrugated board
- Flexible Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Graphic Paper (Writing and Printing)
- Newsprint Paper
Global Bleached Hardwood Kraft Pulp Market Regional Outlook
China is the globally leading market for the converting paper, accounting for around a quarter of the world’s demand. Although, this demand cannot be satisfied with the domestic production of bleached hardwood kraft pulp or other pulp types. Thus, China is one of the prominent export destinations for the bleached hardwood kraft pulp in the world. Along with China, majority of the Asia Pacific countries are net importer for bleached hardwood kraft pulp. Around 2/3rd of the Asia Pacific demand for bleached hardwood kraft pulp is served by the domestic produce, while rest 1/3rd of the demand is served by the import. Rapid industrialization in the emerging economies of Asia Pacific, prominently China and India, has resulted into slight growth in demand for graphic papers, creating a positive impact on the bleached hardwood kraft pulp market in Asia Pacific. Developing packaging industry in the region is majorly responsible for the growth of Asia Pacific bleached hardwood kraft pulp market. Latin America bleached hardwood kraft pulp is also expected to witness significant growth rate, while North America, Europe and MEA are projected to witness sluggish growth in bleached hardwood kraft pulp market.
Global Bleached Hardwood Kraft Pulp Market Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global bleached hardwood kraft pulp market are
- Domtar Inc.
- Stora Enso Oyj
- UPM Pulp
- Irving Pulp & Paper Ltd.
- Woodland Pulp LLC
- Cenibra - Celulose Nipo-Brasileira
- CMPC CELULOSA S.A.
- Fiber Excellence
- Ilim Pulp Group
- Resolute Forest Products
- T. Kertas Leces
The bleached hardwood Kraft Pulp market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The bleached hardwood kraft pulp market report provides in depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The bleached hardwood kraft pulp market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis of bleached hardwood Kraft Pulp market includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Bleached hardwood Kraft Pulp market report highlights:
- A detailed overview of parent market of bleached hardwood Kraft pulp market
- Changing market dynamics in the bleached hardwood Kraft pulp industry
- In depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.