Glazed Bricks: Introduction
- The global construction industry is expanding at a rapid pace, especially in developing countries such as China and India. Developed economies are also expected to contribute significantly to the growth of the industry in the near future.
- According to the Institution of Civil Engineers, the global construction output is anticipated to expand by around 85% resulting in US$ 15.5 Trn by 2030. China, India, and the U.S. are expected to lead the way for this growth and account for around 57% of the global share.
- The global construction industry is expected to expand at a much faster pace than overall economy. The construction industry in India is anticipated to expand twice as fast as China by 2030 in Asia Pacific.
- Construction is projected to be a highly dynamic sector in the next few years, as investments in the industry are rising due to improved standard of living across the globe
Key Drivers and Restraints of Glazed Bricks Market
- Rise in purchasing power and increase in disposable income of the people have changed their lifestyle and taste toward house construction, shifting their focus on outside appearance of the house. People want their houses to look more attractive and fancy. Glazed bricks meet these requirements, as they are fused with ceramic coating on their exterior surface, giving them a shiny and glossy look.
- Glazed bricks are also available in different variants that usually match the existing looks of a building, thereby enabling them to be used for renovation projects in order to upgrade the looks of the building. Glazed bricks are easy to maintain, as they can be easily cleaned with mild water and detergent solution, and have high degree of resistance to any chemical reaction and weather. Furthermore, they provide far greater durability and strength in comparison to normal bricks. They are also tough. Glossy ceramic finish is invulnerable to graffiti, making these bricks a popular choice for office and commercial buildings.
- Rapid industrialization and urbanization is another key driver of the glazed bricks market. Growth of the construction industry is directly proportional to growth in societies and industries. As societies and industries grow, more infrastructure development and construction activities take place. Several new buildings, offices, houses, and commercial complexes are being constructed to accommodate the increasing population. This is likely to drive the demand for glazed bricks due to their remarkable properties and advantage they offer over the usual bricks.
- Glazed bricks are comparatively expensive than normal bricks. This is likely to restrain the market during the forecast period. High prices of glazed bricks can make them an out-of-budget resource for several building projects. Furthermore, heavy weight of these bricks requires proper and secure foundation to prevent the building from collapsing.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Construction Industry
- Governments of several countries across the globe have imposed stringent lockdowns to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Movement of individuals and economic activities, related to goods and services, have come to a halt because of lockdowns. To limit the spread of coronavirus, many construction firms have temporarily closed their project. As a result, these firms are facing liquidity crunch. Led by an unprecedented situation, individuals from residential segments are preferring the usual bricks over glazed bricks to minimize their expenditure. This is hampering the glazed bricks market.
Glazed Bricks Market Segmentation
- The global glazed bricks market can be segmented based on type, size, and end-user
- In terms of type, the global glazed bricks market can be bifurcated into wall bricks and floor bricks
- In terms of size, the global glazed bricks market can be segregated into small size, medium size, and large size
- In terms of end-user, the global glazed bricks market can be classified into residential, commercial, and industrial
Glazed Bricks Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global glazed bricks market can be split into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Asia Pacific is likely to lead the global glazed bricks market during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. The region has the fastest growing construction industry across the globe. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace due to rapidly growing industrialization and urbanization; rise in standard of living; and increase in disposable income of the people, especially in China and India.
- The construction industry in North America is expected to expand at a healthy pace, especially in the U.S. This is expected to be a key driver of the glazed bricks market in the region.
- The market in Europe is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period, as the region majorly focuses on energy efficiency and conservation process. Production of glazed bricks is highly energy intensive.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are projected to hold minimal share of the global glazed bricks market in the near future. However, the market in these regions is likely to expand at a substantial pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The Belden Brick Company
- PACIFIC CLAY PRODUCTS, INC.
- Glen-Gery Corporation
- Euroa Clay Products
- ELGIN BUTLER COMPANY
Global Glazed Bricks Market: Research Scope
Global Glazed Bricks Market, by Type
- Wall Bricks
- Floor Bricks
Global Glazed Bricks Market, by Size
- Small Size
- Medium Size
- Large Size
Global Glazed Bricks Market, by End-user
Global Glazed Bricks Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.