Glass Insulators Market: Overview
Glass insulators are preferred over ceramics in insulation applications due to numerous better characteristics. They have low coefficient of thermal expansion, high cracking resistance, and high electrical resistance. A prominently emerging application of glass insulators is in making suspension glass insulators for overhead transmission and distribution lines. Glass insulators used in this application typically confirm to numerous standards, with American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) being notable examples. Electrical engineers seek glass insulators that are durable, can withstand degradation from pollutants due to accumulation on the insulation surface, and are mechanically robust.
New product developments in the glass insulators market have come from continuous advances in technologies that are typically used for monitoring transmission lines, since the use in this application has been growing steadily. In emerging economies, inspection technology of transmission lines has also improved substantial efforts, thanks to initiatives taken by governments to prevent outages in electricity distribution to remote areas. The growing demand for high-voltage transmission for heavy industries is another related trend boosting the product development avenues in the market. Nanotechnology is another area that has witnessed flurry of action among glass manufacturers in recent years. The use of nanocomposites is likely to pave way to products with new desirable features to meet the end-use industries’ demand in the glass insulators market.
Glass Insulators: Introduction
- Glass insulators are manufactured at high temperature by mixing different materials, including lime and quartz powder; it is then suddenly cooled in the mold.
- Glass insulators have high resistance, high compressive strength, do not heat up in sunlight, and moisture easily gets distilled on the surface of the glass insulators.
- The thermal expansion coefficient of glass insulators is small, and its relative deformation is very low due to temperature variation.
- The two different types of glass insulators include standard type and fog type. They are used in various applications such as low voltage lines, high voltage lines, power plants, substations, and at residential, commercial, and industrial sites.
Rise in Demand for Medium Voltage Range
- Medium voltage range is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the glass insulators market during the forecast period. Glass insulators are being deploying across residential and commercial establishments to support medium voltage range. This is likely to boost the glass insulators market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, growing electrical infrastructure across developing nations across the world along with increasing commercialization and urbanization propels the growth of the market.
- The commercial & industrial segment is projected to experience substantial growth rate in the global glass insulators market during the forecast period due to rising demand for glass insulators from these sectors, along with high investment in the electricity sector, growing adoption of smart grid technology, and expansion of power T&D infrastructure.
- Increasing R&D expenditure toward modernizing grid networks in response to increased electricity demand propels the glass insulators market growth.
- However, increasing grey market products of low quality, and volatility in raw material prices are the major restraints of the global glass insulators market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Glass Insulators Market
- In terms of region, the global glass insulators market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global glass insulators market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of glass insulators operate in the region.
- Increase in population, urbanization, and growth of the industrial sector have increased the demand for power in Asian countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India. Moreover, an increase in government efforts toward ensuring a clean energy economy and rising investments in power transmission infrastructure propels the growth of the glass insulators market.
- North America holds the second largest share of the glass insulators market due to replacement and refurbishment of existing infrastructure, which is a major requirement in the local power T&D scenario.
- The glass insulators market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to smart grid technologies gaining momentum, particularly among European Union (EU) countries. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Glass Insulators Market
The global glass insulators market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for glass insulators. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global glass insulators market are listed below:
- Lapp Insulators
- Lviv Insulator Company
- Seves Group
- MacLean Power Systems
- Victor Insulators
- GAMMA Insulator
- Verescence La Granja Insulators
- Global Insulator Group
- Nanjing Electric
- JSC U.M.E.K.
- TE Connectivity
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Glass Insulators Market, Request for a Sample
Global Glass Insulators Market: Research Scope
Global Glass Insulators Market, by Type
- Standard Type
- Fog Type
Global Glass Insulators Market, by Application
- Low Voltage Line
- Medium Voltage Range
- High Voltage Line
- Power Plants, Substations
Global Glass Insulators Market, by End-use
- Commercial & Industrial
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.