Global Glass Building Curtain Wall Market: Introduction
Curtain wall is a non-load bearing exterior wall that hangs akin to a curtain from floor slabs. Wind and gravity loads acting on the curtain wall are transferred to the building structure, typically at the floor line. They are generally associated with large, multistory buildings. Curtain wall is designed to absorb sway induced by wind and seismic forces acting on the building; withstand wind loads; support its own dead weight; and resist air and water infiltration. Glass building curtain wall systems provide excellent structural integrity, as fewer mullions and joints are required compared to window wall systems.
Global Glass Building Curtain Wall Market: Trends & Developments
Glass building curtain walls are increasingly being used to promote interior day lighting, reduce the need for artificial lighting, lower heat loss in winters, and decrease heat gain in summers. Electrochromic glass is a tintable glass that is increasingly used in windows, skylights, and even curtain wall facades. Change in the shades of the glass from clear to tinted is controlled through a computer, allowing the user to manage the light energy passing through the electrochromic glass curtain wall. A new development in the field of glass building curtain wall is ‘self-cleaning’ glass, which incorporates a coating that lets sunlight and dispersion of water droplets assist in the cleaning process. Rise in usage of hydrophobic coatings on the exterior of glass building curtain walls to reduce cleaning cycles and the cost associated with chemicals and labor to clean and maintain the glass is creating a new trend in the glass building curtain wall market.
Global Glass Building Curtain Wall Market: Segmentation
Based on type, the global glass building curtain wall market can be segmented into stick curtain wall, unitized curtain wall, and others. Under stick curtain wall system, glass or opaque panels are assembled piece by piece at the building site. This system is primarily used for low-rise buildings. Stick curtain wall system entails low shipping cost; however, the labor cost associated with installation of the glass panels is high. Unitized curtain wall system is suitable for high rise buildings. Unitized curtain walls facilitate faster construction, as glass panels are already assembled in the factory and only need to be transported and installed as a single unit at the construction site.
Global Glass Building Curtain Wall Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of region, the global glass building curtain wall market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global glass building curtain wall market in terms of consumption in the near future. The glass building curtain wall market in the region is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. China is the key supplier and consumer of glass curtain walls in Asia Pacific. Decrease in availability of land resources in metropolitan cities and rapid urbanization in China are major reasons for the rise in construction of skyscrapers. Increase in number of skyscrapers is expected to create high demand for construction materials such as glass curtain walls. Rapid growth in the construction sector and emerging business and I.T. parks in India are likely to propel the domestic glass building curtain wall market.
Global Glass Building Curtain Wall Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global glass building curtain wall market include Facade & Envelope, Hwarrior Curtain Wall& Decoration Engineering (Guangdong) Co.,Ltd., Shenzhen King Facade Decoration Engineering Co., Ltd., NYC Glass, Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd., Toro Glasswall, Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG, Aluk, G.James Glass & Aluminium, Permasteelisa S.p.A., and Schüco International.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.