Geothermal District Heating Market: Introduction
- Geothermal district heating utilizes geothermal energy for distributing heat generated in a centralized location through a system of insulated pipes for commercial and residential heating requirements such as water and space heating. It is extensively used in areas with sufficiently high density of population and need for heat during winters.
- Currently, more than 5,000 district heating systems are operational in Europe. This includes more than 240 geothermal district heating systems. The size of the geothermal district heating system can vary from 0.5 MWth to 50 MWth.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Geothermal District Heating Market
- Increase in installation of cost effective and compact size district heating system to meet the demand for hot water and space heating applications in commercial and residential sectors is likely to drive the global geothermal district heating market. Minimal maintenance requirements, high efficiency, and low fuel consumption are some of the key parameters of the geothermal district heating system that are projected to drive its adoption.
- Introduction of government initiatives and rise in funding for the construction sector; increase in spending on commercial & residential embodiment; and strong economic growth are expected to augment the global geothermal district heating market during the forecast period
- Rise in need to retrofit the existing district heating systems and abundant availability of geothermal resources are anticipated to fuel the global geothermal district heating market during forecast period
- Technological innovations in designs of district heating systems to optimize energy efficiency are projected to drive the demand for geothermal district heating during the forecast period. However, high upfront cost and lack of awareness about the benefits of installation of district heating systems are some of the key factors that are likely to hamper the global geothermal district heating market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Residential Segment to Hold Major Share of Global Market
- The global geothermal district heating market can be segmented based on application and region
- In terms of application, the global geothermal district heating market can be classified into residential, industrial, and commercial. The residential segment is expected to expand significantly in the near future due to the increase in construction of single and multi-housing units; and growth in per capita income of consumers. The industrial segment is anticipated to expand owing to the introduction of ambitious targets for carbon emission reduction. Increase in demand for revamping and replacement of conventional district heating systems is also projected to boost the market during the forecast period. Geothermal district heating possesses cost saving and low maintenance requirement features. It is also reliable. This is anticipated to propel the adoption of geothermal district heating in the residential sector.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Europe to Dominate Global Geothermal District Heating Market
- In terms of region, the global geothermal district heating market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World
- Europe is anticipated to account for major share of the market during the forecast period due to rise in efforts to minimize carbon emissions and reduce dependence on foreign oil supplies by enhancing utilization of renewable technologies such as solar, wind, and geothermal energy in the region. For instance, the European Commission introduced Energy Performance of Building Directive to minimize GHG emissions. As per the directive, all new buildings need to be nearly zero-energy by 2020.
- North America is also projected to hold large share of the global market during the forecast period owing to the vast potential of indigenous geothermal resources. Increase in focus to improve air quality and enhance energy security are some of the key factors propelling the demand for geothermal district heating.
- The geothermal district heating market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Rise in construction activities in developed and developing nations, including India and China, is projected to boost the market in the near future. Population migration from rural to urban areas, increase in purchasing power, and rapid urbanization are further likely to augment the market during the forecast period.
- The geothermal district heating market in Rest of World is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period owing to the growth in government mandates to diversify energy mix
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global geothermal district heating market include:
- ALFA LAVAL
- STEAG GMBH
- RWE AG
- Ramboll Group A/S
Global Geothermal District Heating Market: Research Scope
Global Geothermal District Heating Market, by Application
Global Geothermal District Heating Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of World
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.