Geotechnical Cloth: Introduction
- Geotechnical cloth is designed with the intent to improve or manage the soil, generally for conservation or agricultural purposes
- Geotechnical cloth is a permeable fabric that, when used in association with soil, has the ability to separate, filter, reinforce, protect, or drain. Typically made from polypropylene or polyester, geotechnical cloth is available in three basic forms: woven (resembling mail bag sacking), needle punched (resembling felt), or heat bonded (resembling ironed felt).
- Textiles are also a big part of agriculture and ecosystem management. Geotechnical cloth helps control erosion and maintains soil stability.
Types of Geotechnical Cloth Market
- Non-woven geotechnical cloth is manufactured from either continuous filament yarn or short staple fiber. Bonding of the fibers is carried out by using thermal, chemical, or mechanical techniques. Non-woven geotechnical cloth is utilized in aggregate drains, asphalt pavement overlays, and erosion control.
- A woven geotechnical cloth is a planar textile structure produced by interlacing two or more sets of strands at right angles. Woven geotechnical cloth is generally preferred for applications where high strength properties are needed and filtration requirements are less critical. This fabric reduces localized shear failure in weak subsoil conditions and aids construction over soft subsoils.
Applications of Geotechnical Cloth
- Based on application, the global geotechnical cloth market can be segmented into road construction and pavement repair, erosion control, drainage, railway work, agriculture, and others
- Road construction and pavement repair is a prominent segment of the global geotechnical cloth market. Geotechnical cloth has proven to be the optimum solution for ground stabilization problems, increasing pavement life, repair and rehabilitation of highways, cost control, and better lifespan of roads. Hence, demand of geotextile is considerably high in this application segment.
- Geotechnical cloth is an ideal interface for reverse filtration. In all soils, water allows fine particles to be moved. Part of these particles are halted at the filter interface; some are halted within the filter itself, while the rest pass into the drain. The complex needle-punched structure of the geotechnical cloth enables the retention of fine particles without reducing the permeability of the drain.
- Geotechnical cloth is an ideal protection from erosion of earth embankments by wave action, currents, or repeated drawdown. A layer of geotechnical cloth can be placed to prevent leaching of fine material. It can be used for rock beaching or as mattress structures. It can even easily be placed underwater.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Geotechnical Cloth Market
- In terms of region, the global geotechnical cloth market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of value, Asia Pacific dominated the global geotechnical cloth market in 2019. This can be ascribed to expansion of the construction sector in developing countries, such China and India, in the region.
- Europe is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the geotechnical cloth market due to the usage of geotechnical cloth in various end-use industries such railway and drainage.
- The geotechnical cloth market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period, due to the lesser number of manufacturing bases in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global geotechnical cloth market is fragmented, with players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher share. These players offer a complete portfolio of products; and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their position.
Prominent players operating in the global geotechnical cloth market include:
- BASF SE
- Solvay SA
- LG Chem
Global Geotechnical Cloth Market: Research Scope
Global Geotechnical Cloth Market, by Type
Global Geotechnical Cloth Market, by Application
- Road Construction and Pavement Repair
- Railway Work
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.