Global Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats Market: Introduction
- Geosynthetic cementitious composite mats (GCCM) present a revolutionary material technology that enables use of concrete on slopes, in water, and in other hard-to-access sites, without requirement for mixing
- GCCM is an engineered concrete in the roll form. It is fabricated with a three-dimensional configuration, which reinforces the concrete, featuring exceptional durability and strength.
- GCCM can be quickly cut and secured in place, which makes it highly suitable for use in rehabilitating or reinforcing of a culvert or drainage ditch or berm
- Geosynthetic cementitious composite mats typically feature an upper-surface fabric, through which water can penetrate during hydration, and a bottom surface consisting of a PVC membrane that acts as a permeable barrier
- Once hydrated, a GCCM cures quickly and remains flexible for up to two hours. It can be easily manipulated to fit contours of irregular installations. Geosynthetic cementitious composite mats can be installed in rains, unlike regular concrete, which eliminates the delay in construction or rescheduling caused by weather conditions.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats Market
- Due to their unique characteristics including easy installation and lower cost of maintenance, geosynthetic cementitious composite mats market is likely to witness substantial demand from sectors such as transportation, erosion control, landfill, storm water management, and mining between 2019 and 2027
- Protection of steep slopes is expected to be one of the most rapidly growing uses of GCCM in the next few years, wherein geosynthetic cementitious composite mats offer several advantages over other traditional options
Global Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats Market: Application Segments
- Based on application, the global geosynthetic cementitious composite mats (GCCMs) market can be divided into channel and ditch lining, erosion control & slope protection, weed suppression, roads & highways, rail, mining, and others (including berm protection and culvert lining)
- Ditch or channel lining areas present significant potential for use of GCCMs, as these mats can be rapidly unrolled to form a ditch or channel lining. In contrast to the conventional concrete channel lining, GCCMs are not only easier and quicker to unroll, but they are less expensive and they do not require expensive equipment.
- Erosion control and slope protection is likely to be another prominent area of application for geosynthetic cementitious composite mats. GCCMs can be used to protect slopes as a replacement for shotcrete and steel mesh. They are typically quicker to install and more cost effective; they require fewer specialist plant equipment; and they eliminate the risk associated with shotcrete rebound and debris.
North America to be a Key Market for Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats
- In terms of region, the global geosynthetic cementitious composite mats market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Latin America are likely to prominent markets for geosynthetic cementitious composite mats during the forecast period. For instance, in October 2015, a geosynthetic cementitious composite mat was used to line a series of ditches along a railway in Liberdade, Minas Gerais (Brazil). The site had severe access issues. Several of the ditches were cut into steep slopes on either side of the railway.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats Market
The global geosynthetic cementitious composite mats market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Concrete Canvas Ltd.
- Nilex Inc.
- Signature Systems Group, LLC
- Mabey Inc.
- GEOFABRICS AUSTRALASIA PTY LTD
Global Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats Market: Research Scope
Global Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats Market, by Application
- Roads & Highways
- Channel and Ditch Lining
- Erosion Control & Slope Protection
- Weed Suppression
- Others (Including Berm Protection and Culvert Lining)
Global Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.