The global gene amplification technologies market is poised for growth on the back of rising demand for genetic information for identifying and mapping all the genes of human genome. The market is slated to reach a valuation of US$2.2 bn in 2017.
The report presents the latest technological developments in the field and a growth map for the coming years. It also explains its effect on market dynamics and leverages SWOT analysis of major industry segments
Gene Amplification Technologies Market: Trends and Opportunities
The single-most important growth driver for gene amplification technologies market has been the Human Genome Projects (HGP). It is an international, collaborative research effort to sequence all the chemical base pairs that form the DNA of the species Homo sapiens. Another major growth driver is molecular diagnostics that helps uncover specific sequences in DNA or RNA to check if they are associated with any disease. It is clinically used for oncology, coagulation, genetic disease screening, infectious diseases, pharmacogenomics, and human leukocyte antigen typing. Development in clinical diagnostic tools, is also expected to boost the growth of the gene amplification technologies market.
Other factors driving the gene amplification technologies market are the increasing focus on research and development in the field of molecular diagnostics, drug discovery, genetic testing, toxicology, environmental monitoring, animal husbandry, bioremediation, forensics, and quality control in the food industry. Gene amplification technologies, however, are expensive to develop. This has, to some degree, served to counter the growth of the market.
Gene Amplification Technologies Market: Technology and Application-wise Segmentation
There are various ways in which the gene amplification technologies market can be segmented. For example, based on technology, it can be divided into the following: Isothermal DNA amplification, target amplification, cycling temperature DNA amplification, isothermal signal amplification, linear gene amplification, cycling temperature signal gene amplification, and exponential gene amplification. By application, the market can be divided into identity, forensics, identity, paternity, food safety, medical, veterinary, and agri-diagnostics. Medical and forensics are the two largest segments in terms of application.
Gene Amplification Technologies Market: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically the market for gene amplification technologies can be divided into Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America has exhibited stellar growth so far, with maximum revenue raked in. This has been possible on account of high allocations for healthcare infrastructure, and research and development for genetic testing, diagnostics and detection of critical diseases – all of which have yielded unprecedented technological advancements. North America is expected to remain the leading market in the upcoming years too, because of continued government funding of research and infrastructure.
Asia Pacific would also put up a good showing, it is predicted. This is mainly due to governments of various nations in the region increasingly focusing on upgrading healthcare infrastructure. Fast developing economies such as China and India are expected to see higher growth rates because of increased abundant manpower of skilled workers who can carry out proper research, lower cost, and supportive government policies.
Players in the Gene Amplification Technologies Market
Some of the leading entities in the gene amplification technologies market that have been profiled in the report are: Chugai Biopharmaceuticals Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Cepheid, Agilent Technologies, ID Biomedical Corporation, Molecular Sensing PLC, Orchid Biosciences Inc., Rubicon Genomics, and U.S. Genomics.
Segmentation Based in Technology
- Target Amplification
- Signal Amplification
- Isothermal DNA Amplification
- Cycling Temperature DNA Amplification
- Isothermal Signal Amplification
- Cycling Temperature Signal Gene Amplification
- Exponential Gene Amplification
- Linear Gene Amplification
- Medical Applications
- Food safety
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.