Gel Battery: Introduction
- Gel battery is a type of valve regulated acid battery with a jellied electrolyte. Mixture of sulfuric acid with silica fumes makes the resulting electrolyte solution gel-like and immobile.
- Gel batteries are light in weight and have longer life span compared to other batteries. Solidified electrolyte in gel batteries reduces the risk of spillage and keeps the acid immobile.
- Gel batteries offer greater resistance to shock & vibration. Their rate of evaporation is very low due to jellified electrolyte. Therefore, gel batteries are ideal for usage in extreme temperature conditions.
- Gel battery is used in cell phones, off-grid power systems, camcorders, motorcycles, and marine equipment. Gel batteries can also be installed at odd angles. Gel batteries are light in weight; therefore, they are primarily preferred for motorcycle design.
- Gel batteries are spill proof and have less maintenance compared to traditional flooded cells. Therefore, gel batteries are used in marine equipment.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Gel Battery
- Consumers in developed and developing countries have different mobility needs. Constant urbanization is expected to lead consumers toward car ownership in the near future. Increase in sales of new vehicles and rise in number of on-road vehicles in regions such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa are estimated to propel the demand for gel batteries in these regions in the near future.
- Increase in awareness about energy generation from renewable energy sources has led to a change in infrastructure of the electric grid setup. Governments of many countries are promoting the use of off-grid setup. In an off-grid setup, the electricity generated by renewable energy sources is managed independently. Gel battery is one of the key components in this setup to store energy. Thus, rise in installation of off-grid setup is projected to boost the gel battery market in the near future.
- In order to prevent excess gas from forming inside the cells, the user needs to charge the gel battery at a slower rate. This is one of the restraints of the gel battery market. These batteries must be charged at a lower voltage to prevent overcharging. Overcharging can make these batteries permanently porous. This would ultimately hamper the battery’s lifespan.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Power Demand
- Governments of several countries across the globe have imposed stringent lockdowns to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Movement of individuals and economic activities, related to goods and services, have come to a halt because of lockdowns. This has adversely affected the demand for electricity for commercial purposes. In turn, this has hampered the global gel battery market.
Gel Battery Market Segmentation
- The global gel battery market can be segmented based on type and application
- In terms of type, the global gel battery market can be divided into 2 Volts, 6 Volts, and 12 Volts
- In terms of application, the global gel battery market can be segregated into electric mobility, energy storage & distribution, telecommunication, and others
Gel Battery Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global gel battery market can be split into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- The gel battery market in the U.S. is anticipated to expand at a faster pace during the forecast period. Utilities in the U.S. invested approximately US$ 144 Bn in electricity generation, transmission, and distribution infrastructure in 2016. Investment in annual smart grid setup in the U.S. rose from US$ 3.4 Bn in 2014 to US$ 4.8 Bn in 2016. These investments are projected to rise to US$ 13.8 Bn in 2024.
- According to International Energy Agency, India’s electricity demand is projected to reach 1900 terawatt-hours by 2021-2022 and its carbon dioxide emission from coal combustion is projected to reach 3.3 gigatons (Gt) in 2030. By using building-to-grid technology, buildings can curb the unnecessary usage of electricity and can achieve even distribution of electricity without power outage. Thus, the gel battery market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a faster pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- EXIDE INDUSTRIES LTD.
- BSB Power Company Limited
- LEOCH BATTERY
- Power Sonic Corporation
- Storage Battery Systems, LLC
- Canbat Technologies Inc.
- C&D TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- JYC BATTERY MANUFACTURER CO. LTD.
- B.B. Battery
- Vision Technology Co., Ltd.
Global Gel Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Gel Battery Market, by Type
- 2 Volts
- 6 Volts
- 12 Volts
Global Gel Battery Market, by Application
- Electric Mobility
- Energy Storage & Distribution
Global Gel Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.