- Generator or genset is defined as a machine that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy through combustion of fuel. Generators usually use gasoline, natural gas, diesel, propane, water, biodiesel, sewage gas, or hydrogen as fuel.
- Gasoline generators are widely used for residential and commercial applications, as they possess small power generating capacity
- Gasoline generators are economical and mostly portable. Their maintenance cost is also low. Gasoline generators are used in a wide range of applications. They can be used not just in homes, but also for camping, on site jobs, and in other work premises.
- Rise in power outages in the residential sector is likely to boost the demand for gasoline generators during the next few years
Key Drivers of Global Gasoline Generator Market
- Gasoline generator offers more benefits than diesel generators. Gasoline generators are silent in operation and emit less carbon compared to diesel generator.
- Gasoline generators are also economical compared to other types of generators. Increase in environmental emission norms across the globe is likely to boost the gasoline generator market during the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the power generation sector. Production of generators came to halt during the lockdown imposed by various countries. Demand for generators has also been declining due to industrial slowdowns. Most of the generator manufacturing companies are reducing capital and operational expenditures. The supply chain of equipment has also been highly disrupted. This is expected to hamper the demand for gasoline generators in the near future.
- On October 8, 2020, HIMOINSA introduced new HS Stationary Range generators with modular and versatile design that incorporate all the features required to make them highly competitive products in the market for stationary applications. The HS range is made up of generator sets, from 10 to 50 kVA, at 50Hz and 60Hz. Three different canopy sizes are available to house different models depending on their power.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Gasoline Generator Market
- Based on region, the global gasoline generator market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global gasoline generator market in 2019. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period owing to the large number of power outages in the region. Furthermore, demand for gasoline generator is high in the residential sector in the U.S. for standby power application.
- The frequency of power outages is rising due to severe weather conditions and aging electrical infrastructure
- Europe is anticipated to account for large share of the global gasoline generator market during the forecast period. Countries in the region are focusing on reducing carbon footprints by eliminating the use of coal, diesel, and other carbon emitting fossil fuels.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to increase in demand for gasoline powered generators among residential and commercial customers in the region.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Increase in environmental emission norms is likely to lower the usage of diesel generators and drive the demand for gasoline generators.
Key Players Operating in Market
Major companies operating in the global gasoline generator market include
- Cummins Inc.
- Himalayan Power Machines Mfg Co.
- Sudhir Power Ltd.
- Generac Power Systems, Inc.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG
- Atlas Copco
Global Gasoline Generator Market: Research Scope
Global Gasoline Generator Market, by Type
Global Gasoline Generator Market, by Phase
- Single Phase
- Three Phase
Global Gasoline Generator Market, by Application
Global Gasoline Generator Market, by Power Rating
- Less Than 20 kVA
- 20 kVA - 50 kVA
- 50 kVA - 100 kVA
- More Than 100 kVA
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.