Global Gas-phase Air Filtration Materials Market: Introduction
- Gas-phase air filtration method is used to remove gaseous contaminants from the breathing air and offer indoor air of high quality. A wide range of chemical mediums and macroporous chemical filters are used for removal of all types of harmful contaminants. Most gas-phase air filtration systems use activated carbon to adsorb gaseous molecules.
- An effective gas-phase filtration system employs a combination of particulate and gas-phase filtration technologies. Filtration systems are primarily used for removal of contaminants such as sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, oxidants or ozone, and nitrogen dioxide.
- The commonly employed gas-phase air filtration materials are potassium-impregnated alumina, coal-based activated carbon, phosphate incorporated activated carbon and potassium hydroxide incorporated activated carbon. Elimination of contaminants is achieved by using various methods such as adsorption, absorption, chemisorption, and catalysis.
- End-user industries of gas-phase air filtration materials include paper & pulp, chemical & petrochemical, metals & mining, food & beverages, health care, electronics & semiconductor, and building & construction. Gas-phase air filters are of two types: packed bed filters and combination filters.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rising Demand for Gas-phase Filtration in Pulp & Paper Industry
- Rising demand for gas-phase filtration in the pulp & paper industry is considered a major factor driving the global gas-phase air filtration materials market
- Manufacture of paper from wood or pulp involves several complex processes, wherein the raw materials are chemically treated. Chemical treatment of raw materials results in the formation of gases that can contaminate the surrounding air. In such an environment, electronic equipment and devices, control rooms, process control systems and compressors are particularly at risk. Use of gas-phase filtration systems prevents this type of air contamination generally occurring in the paper & pulp industry.
- Moreover, stringent regulations implemented by the Government of China on the emission of air pollutants by major paper manufacturers in the country is a key factor fuelling the demand for gas-phase filtration materials in Asia Pacific
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Gas-phase Air Filtration Materials Market
- In terms of region, the global gas-phase air filtration materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounts for a significant share of the global gas-phase air filtration materials market, with the growing consumption of activated carbon for air filtration applications in the region
- Increasing demand for gas-phase air filtration from various end-user industries in Asia Pacific including pulp & paper, chemical & petrochemical, metals & mining, food & beverages, and electronics & semiconductor is anticipated to fuel the gas-phase air filtration materials market in the region during the forecast period
- Regulations on the emission of industrial air contaminants in developing economies of Asia Pacific are anticipated to boost the demand for gas-phase air filtration materials in the next few years. Moreover, presence of a highly attractive building & construction industry and rising demand for safety of buildings are likely to drive the global gas-phase air filtration materials market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global gas-phase air filtration materials market is fragmented in nature, with the presence of small-, medium-, and large-sized players. Prominent players operating in the global gas-phase air filtration materials market are entering into partnerships for the development of highly advanced gas-phase air filtration technologies.
Key players operating in the global gas-phase air filtration materials market include:
- Filtration Group Corporation
- 3M Company
- Cummins Filtration
- American Air Filter Company, Inc.
- Freudenberg Filtration Technologies SE & Co. KG
- Koch Filter
- Sogefi SpA
Global Gas-phase Air Filtration Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Gas-phase Air Filtration Materials Market, by Product
- Potassium-impregnated Alumina
- Coal-based Activated Carbon
- Potassium Hydroxide Incorporated Activated Carbon
- Phosphate Incorporated Activated Carbon
Global Gas-phase Air Filtration Materials Market, by Technology
- Packed-bed Filter
- Combination Filter
Global Gas-phase Air Filtration Materials Market, by End-user
- Paper & Pulp
- Chemical & Petrochemical
- Food & Beverages
- Health Care
- Electronics & Semiconductor
- Building & Construction
- Others (Including Health Care and Metals & Mining)
Global Gas-phase Air Filtration Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.