Gas Insulated Transformer Market: Environment-friendly Transformer
- Gas insulated transformers are used in applications where non-flammable, non-polluting transformers are required. For instance, they are employed in densely populated areas, buildings, and areas near lakes and rivers where oil leakage from a conventional transformer would be harmful to the environment. These transformers are also installed in environmentally critical areas where oil leakage is prohibited. These include hydroelectric power plants and water treatment facilities.
- Gas Insulated transformers are designed to reduce fire hazards and have less impact on the environment. Sulfur hexafluoride gas insulated transformer is the most clean and safe to operate.
- Gas insulated transformers are environmentally friendly and can be recycled easily. This is a major advantage of these transformers. Gas insulated transformers can be integrated directly with gas insulated switchgear to form a single, enclosed unit. This allows space savings and integrated control over the gas system.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Gas Insulated Transformer Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Gas Insulated Transformer Market
- Rise in investment in electrical infrastructure and increase in initiatives to improve electrification rate are expected to drive the gas insulated transformer market in the near future. Growth in adoption of technologically advanced products and long-term investments in transmission and distribution of electricity are also anticipated to boost the demand for gas insulated transformers.
- Lack of space for new substations and adverse environmental effects of oil-based transformers have encouraged manufacturers to shift toward the use of underground substations. This, in turn, has augmented the demand for non-explosive and large-capacity gas insulated transformers in order to ensure compactness and prevent accidents.
- The emphasis on adopting renewable sources of energy across the globe is on the rise. This further contributes to the increasing popularity of gas insulated transformers.
Utility Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Utility is anticipated to be the dominant segment of the market during the forecast period. Rise in demand for reliable power supply and increase in investments in power infrastructure to meet the need of electricity are estimated to boost the segment during the forecast period.
- Growth of the commercial sector is driven by rapid urbanization and development of commercial trade hubs. Rise in urbanization and increase in number of commercial trade hubs striving to curb operating expenses are expected to boost the demand for gas insulated transformers in the commercial sector.
- Gas insulated transformers with medium voltage are primarily installed at commercial and industrial places due to their compact size and non-explosive nature
Stringent Environmental Regulations on Sodium Hexafluoride Content Likely to Hamper Market
- Implementation of stringent environmental regulations concerning the use of sodium hexafluoride and high cost of equipment are major factors restraining the global gas insulated transformer market
- Various health and safety organizations, such as Occupational Safety and Health Organization (OSHA), have issued the warning regarding the formation of toxic compounds from electrical discharge of sodium hexafluoride gas. Thus, the penetration of alternative gas based transformers has been rising in the market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Gas Insulated Transformer Market
- The gas insulated transformer market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to the rise in investments in smart grid technologies and smart cities, and increase in number of data centers owing to the surge in information technology hubs and commercial institutions
- Asia Pacific is the most populated region in the world. Consequently, demand for electricity is high in the region. Almost all the countries in the region are augmenting their power generation capacities, especially in hydroelectric power projects. This has led to a rise in investments in transmission and distribution sectors to connect renewable energy generation projects to grids. In turn, this is expected to fuel the gas insulated transformer market in Asia Pacific.
- Europe is anticipated to be a rapidly growing region of the gas insulated transformer market owing to the various government initiatives, such as the European has proposed a 20:20:20 plan that aims at reducing the greenhouse gas emissions, which, in turn, attracts its focus on renewable energy, further driving investments in the grid infrastructure.
- Demand for renewable and efficient sources of energy is increasing in North America, due to the implementation of strict environment regulations by governments of countries in the region. Thus, the market in North America is anticipated to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period.
- Middle East & Africa and Latin America are estimated to account for small share of the global gas insulated transformer market during the forecast period
Key Players in Market
The global gas insulated transformer market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share. Key players operating in the global gas insulated transformer market include:
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Nissan Electric
- Chint Group
- Takaoka Toko Co., Ltd.
- Yangzhou Power Electric Co., Ltd.
- Kharkovenergopribor Ltd
- Hyosung Corporation
Global Gas Insulated Transformer Market: Research Scope
Global Gas Insulated Transformer Market, by Voltage
- Medium Voltage (Up to 72.5 kV)
- High Voltage (72.5 kV to 220 kV)
- Extra High Voltage (Above 220 kV)
Global Gas Insulated Transformer Market, by Installation
Global Gas Insulated Transformer Market, by Type
- Instruments Transformer
- Power Transformers
- Distribution Transformers
Global Gas Insulated Transformer Market, by End-user
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.