Garbage Trucks: Introduction
- Garbage truck or dustbin lorry is designed to collect small quantities of waste and haul the collected waste to a waste treatment facility. Other common garbage trucks are trash truck, dump truck, dustbin lorry, bin lorry, and bin motor. These trucks are commonly seen in urban areas.
- Rapid industrialization and urbanization in developed and developing economies has raised concerns over waste management. Garbage trucks, which transport waste are needed for effective waste management and maintaining cleanliness.
Key Drivers of Global Garbage Trucks Market
- According to the World Bank, annual municipal waste generated in developed countries is higher than developing or underdeveloped economies, owing to rise in urban population. In order to keep an area clean and avoid spreading of epidemics due to waste, waste generated needs to be transported daily to waste management sites, fueling the market for garbage trucks.
- Medicinal waste generated by hospitals is hazardous and needs to be treated separately. A special purpose garbage truck is needed for safe disposal of this waste at the waste management site. Thus, there is a demand for garbage trucks in the healthcare industry.
- Urbanization is leading to the expansion of the construction industry. Sand, cement, or bricks needed for construction of houses has led to a rise in mining activity as well. Garbage trucks carry sand, gravel, demolition waste, etc., from a mining or construction site to waste management sites. Expansion of the mining and construction industries is likely to propel the global garbage truck market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
High Operating and Maintenance Cost to Hamper Market
- Garbage trucks are off-road vehicles and require more power to operate
- Garbage trucks have high initial cost and maintenance charges.
- Stringent environmental norms in order to curb air pollution restricts the use of diesel-operated vehicles, such as garbage trucks
Municipal Waste Management Segment to be Lucrative
- According to the World Health Organization, approximately 12.6 million deaths occur due to unhealthy environments. With respect to increase in population and rising municipal solid waste generation, governments are spending substantial amounts to ensure efficient working of wastewater treatment and solid waste management plants. Garbage collection trucks are required for proper functioning of the waste management system. This factor is expected to propel the global garbage trucks market during forecasted period.
China, India to Hold Significant Market Share of Asia Pacific Garbage Trucks Market
- Growth of domestic vehicle manufacturing industry, investments of major OEM players in various industries such as automotive, construction, manufacturing industries, and mergers & acquisitions indicate high rate of development in China. The Government of China is focusing on improving environmental conditions and has invested considerable sums in effective waste management. These factors are likely to drive the market in China.
- India has launched important initiatives regarding cleanliness, such as ‘Swachh Bharat’. This is leading to increased use of garbage trucks in the country.
- These all factors indicate higher rate of growth for automotive garbage trucks in the region of Asia Pacific.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Garbage Trucks Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Garbage Trucks Market
The global garbage trucks market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the global garbage trucks market are:
- Combilift Material Handling Solutions
- Labrie Enviroquip Group
- Doosan Corporation
- Fujian Longma Environmental Sanitation Equipment Co., Ltd.
- BAS Mining Trucks
- BELAZ NORTH AMERICA INC
- Cummins Inc.
- ETF HOLDING B.V.
- Hitachi Construction Machinery Co. Ltd.
- Deutz AG
- Kubota Corporation
- AB Volvo
- McNeilus Truck & Manufacturing
- Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science&Technology Co. Ltd.
Global Garbage Trucks Market: Research Scope
Global Garbage Trucks Market, by Propulsion
Global Garbage Trucks Market, by Product Type
Global Garbage Trucks Market, by End-use Industry
- Municipal Waste Management
Global Garbage Trucks Market, by Capacity
- Below 25 Metric Tons
- 25–50 Metric Tons
- 51–150 Metric Tons
- 151–300 Metric Tons
- Above 300 Metric Tons
Global Garbage Trucks Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.