Gangway ladder is a portable ladder of a vessel deck that is attached to the side of a ship to allow access to a small boat or pier. A gangway ladder provides access to the vessel’s deck for shore personnel, cargo crew, and seafarers. These are required by crewmen to perform safe practices. Gangway ladders are available in the form of a portable device rather than a permanent fixture for ease of movement of crewmen. Gangway ladders are generally constructed with lightweight metal that has ability to support two persons at a time. These are designed as multi-flight or single-flight. It is supported by steel chains from the lower suspension point to perform safety operations. Gangway ladders are popular among end-users to enable persons to embark and disembark safely. Increase in usage of gangway ladders is expected to fuel the sales of the product in the coming years.
Major drivers of the global gangway ladder market include growth in the marine industry across the globe, and increase in the number of oil exploration projects. Additionally, regional bodies investing huge amounts on coastal port infrastructure to boost trade across the globe is expected to propel the market during the forecast period. However, the risk associated with gangway ladders that may cause injury to individuals while performing a task, and cost of the ladder are the major restraints of the global gangway ladder market. Development of new and innovative products targeting new marine projects, and shipbuilding manufacturers are expected to create significant opportunities for the market.
Based on region, the global gangway ladder market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. Demand for gangway ladders is increasing in North America due to the growing shipbuilding industry. Large presence of the marine industry across Europe is propelling the demand for gangway ladders in the region. Rapid growth in new port construction, and shipbuilding industry across the Asia Pacific are expected to fuel the sales of gangway ladder. This is expected to fuel the market in Asia Pacific. In Middle East & Africa, gradual rise in the marine sector and oil exploration are expected to boost the sales of gangway ladders across the region in the next few years. Similarly, South America is also expected to drive the gangway ladder market during the forecast period.
Major players operating in the global gangway ladder market include MME Group Inc., ALCO Aluminium Ladders, WACO Products, Inc., Safe Harbor Access Systems, Opacmare Srl, PTR Holland Group, Hock Seng Marine Engineering Pte Ltd, Safe Harbor Marinas, LLC, China Deyuan Marine Fitting Co.,Ltd., PW Platforms, Inc., G H Varley Pty Limited, and Marko Ltd.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.