Global Ganache Market Outlook
The retail consumption of chocolate confectionery worldwide has been on the rise over the past few years which attributed to its appealing and taste. As a result, the retail chocolate confectionery is estimated to be valued at 7,696,000 MT in 2017 in terms of volume sales. Chocolate cakes and pastries are in high demand in most of the major parts of the world. Ganache is typically icing, sauce or filling for pastries derived out of chocolate and cream. Ganache is being processed out of vegetable cream, chocolate, whipped cream and coconut milk. Ganache has been used on large scale as toppings in the preparation of several bakery products.
Global Ganache Market: Reasons for Covering this Title
Global consumer trends for convenience, health, and indulgence are the factors driving the growth of the mature bakery industry. On the other side, rising disposable income, rise in desire for westernization are some of the factors supporting the growth in sales of bakery goods and pastries in Asia Pacific region. Moreover, China is all set to become the largest bakery goods market after UK over the forecast period with the pastries being the most popular segment. Over the forecast period, the global cakes and pastries are expected to grow at 4% in terms of value sales. Volume, texture, and mouthfeel are the key factors in the end consumer's enjoyment of appealing cakes and pastries. And Ganache has those characteristics that can make the dessert look much more creamy and delicious.
Global Ganache: Market Segmentation
On the basis of types, the global Ganache market has been segmented as –
- Dark Chocolate Ganache
- White Chocolate Ganache
- Milk Chocolate Ganache
On the basis of application, the global Ganache market has been segmented as –
- Cake Fillings
- Chocolate Fillings
- Cupcake Frostings
On the basis of end use, the global Ganache market has been segmented as –
- Foodservice Industry
On the basis of the distribution channel, the global Ganache market has been segmented as –
- Specialty Store
Global Ganache Market: Key Takeaways
Though US accounts to higher value share in the bakery industry, China is expected to witness faster growth rate over the forecast period in terms of value sales i.e. 12.2%. This provides clear overview for scope in growth for global ganache market in Asia Pacific region.
Global Ganache Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Ganache market are Ganache Gourmet Inc., Sparrow Enterprises, Ltd., Azim Pastacilik Mamülleri Ltd., Ganache Chocolatier, Gânache Chocolate, Stover Company, PURATOS Group among others.
Cocoa World Production Share (2014-15)
Total Production: 4.1 million tons
Key Trends: Global Ganache Market
Major shareholding companies have been strategizing on merging with regional companies on acquiring the technical know-how of the companies to produce quality Ganache products for the bakery industry.
Global Ganache Market: Key Developments
- In the year 2015, Ganache Gourmet Inc., joined forces with Saxon Chocolate which is being considered as the market leader in chocolate gifts and specialty programs. The strategic partnership will help provide quality services to its customers by generating new products and packaging formats according to customer’s specifications.
- In Dec 2016, PURATOS Group, acquired the Merseyside confectionery filling company, Fruitapeel for an undisclosed amount to strengthen its offering to its loyal customers. Fuitapeel specializes in the production of ambient, freeze-thaw-table products in various packaging formats in Lancashire. Moreover, the acquisition will strengthen Puratos’ position in UK bakery industry.
Apparent consumption of Cocoa per capita – by Country, 2014
Opportunities for Ganache Market Participants
In the global ganache market, Europe has witnessed highest rate of chocolate consumption and the region has been dominating the global industry in terms of value sales. The confluence of factor higher rate of chocolate consumption and well establishes bakery market, sights a perfect opportunity for the Ganache market in the European region to gain sales. Moreover, in the Asia Pacific region, the traction for confectioneries and bakery has created a high demand for cakes and pastries which suggest the Asia Pacific being tagged as the emerging market for Ganache Market.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the Ganache market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Ganache market and its potential
- Ganache Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Ganache market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major Ganache market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the Ganache market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.