Gaming Headset Market: Introduction
Gaming headset is a device which comprises superior headphones and microphones used by gamers while playing games. The gaming headset is designed and used for gaming only, whereas some headsets are capable of pulling gaming sound effects as well as channeling music. These headsets come equipped with various features such as microphones to communicate with fellow online gamers. Additionally, headsets are equipped with microphones which are used to communicate with teammates during online gaming. Gaming headsets have a variety of connectivity features - from headsets which use classic ¼-inch (6.35mm) plug-in jack to headphones with Bluetooth wireless.
Key Drivers of the Gaming Headset Market
- Developments in the e-sports industry is one of the major contributors to the growth of the gaming headset market. E-sports has turned online gaming into a spectator sport. With the growing popularity of e-sports, gaming headset manufacturers are focusing on customizing their products, specifically for e-sports gamers. E-sports is a platform where gamers compete with each other and gain global exposure, which further increases the entertainment for gamers. This factor offers huge opportunities to several headset brands.
- Increasing popularity of multiplayer and squad games such as PUBG, Fortnite, and Overwatch have also led to enhanced demand for gaming headsets. Durable construction, and being lightweight has also contributed to market growth. Furthermore, noise canceling technology monitors ambient sound and produces a contrasting sound in the background of the audio which further assists in canceling out the unwanted frequency. Also, high audio quality, multiple connectivity options for connecting the headphones, comfortable headset design, and adjustable controls are likely to contribute to the growth of the gaming headset market during the forecast period.
Technological Trends and Wireless Connectivity Creating Opportunities in the Gaming Headset Market
Technological trends, reduction in size of wireless headsets, and improved wireless connectivity will help in the growth of the gaming headset market globally. Personal expression and style have become a huge part of a gamers' identity as gaming has become a major part of pop culture. The wireless gaming headset fits the users' style and helps in making the gaming experience more effective with features such as new colorful and reversible suspension headbands equipped with soft dual-layer memory foam ear pads.
Counterfeit Products and Poor Battery Performance a Restraint for the Gaming Headset Market
A huge counterfeit products market exists, where products similar to the original products are sold at a very low price. The gaming headset market is highly fragmented and thus local and small manufacturers make money by selling counterfeit products. This hampers the growth of the original gaming headset market and profits gets diminished. Poor battery performance of gaming headsets also acts as a hurdle.
Asia Pacific the Largest Growing Market
China and Japan contribute the maximum to the gaming headset market. Growing demand for gaming headsets in North America and Europe and increased awareness and benefits of gaming headsets are offering new opportunities in such regions.
The gaming headset market growth in the APAC region can be credited to factors such as the growing gaming market in emerging countries such as India, Taiwan, and Indonesia.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Companies are working on product innovation to increase their customer base. Furthermore, key companies are adopting the merger and acquisition strategy to improve their market revenue at the global level.
Some of the major companies identified in the gaming headset market are:
- ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
- Audio-Technica US Inc.
- Corsair Components Inc.
- Creative Technology Ltd.
- Kingston Technology Co. Inc.
- Logitech International SA
- Mad Catz Global Ltd.
- Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG
- SteelSeries ApS
- Turtle Beach Corp
Gaming Headset Market: Research Scope
Gaming Headset Market, By Price
- Under US$ 10
- US$ 11- US$15
- US$16- US$ 25
- Above US$36
Gaming Headset Market, By Technology
- Wired gaming headset
- Wireless gaming headset
Gaming Headset Market, By Application
- PC/MAC gaming headset
- Console gaming headset
- Multiplatform gaming headset
Gaming Headset Market, By Distribution Channel
Gaming Headset Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the gaming headset market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.