Global Game Development Software Market - Introduction
- A game development software or platform is a tool which assists in the creation of web, desktop, or mobile games. These tools enable conversion of 3D models and textures into a gaming format along with script compilation and level editing. The software or platforms are often provided as a packaged solution/software suite which supports game development for 2D, 3D, or both. Some of these packaged solutions/software suites also offer cross-platform capabilities which create games across all operating systems such as Microsoft, iOS, and Android.
- Several companies offer game development software or platforms with procedural content creation in order to help game developers create content efficiently and quickly. Additionally, game development software vendors provide a wide range of 3D game development tools for enhanced user experience. These platforms are also used for development and creation of realistic, high performance and graphics rich gameplay. Software/ platforms offered by game development companies require coding or scripting for the creation of games while few vendors offer a drag-and-drop interface in order to simplify the game development process.
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Game Development Software Market
Lockdown due to an increase in the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across major regions such as Europe, Asia, and North America, has a positive impact on the customer data platform market. Nowadays, individuals are focusing majorly on online gaming platforms such as PUBG, Counter-Strike, Dead by Daylight etc., which is expected to help organizations to work on more game development platform.
Emerging Trend of 3D Modeling Techniques and Additional Revenue Stream: Key Drivers of the Game Development Software Market
- The gaming industry is currently emphasizing on 3D modeling techniques to create 3D visual effects and 3D animated models to offer users a better gaming view experience. Therefore, the emerging trend of 3D games with increased real time experience is significantly driving the game development software market. 3D modeling solutions are used for the development of these games. Gaming companies are continuously engaged in developing new improved versions of their games. For instance, in November 2018, Autodesk Inc. partnered with Unity Technologies to develop the game engine with art software & graphics such as Maya & 3ds Max. Technological advancements in social networks, application stores, and mobile device technologies have resulted in radical growth of the gaming industry.
- Additionally, a large number of enterprises are emphasizing on increasing game adoption by monetizing their games and create an additional revenue stream. Companies are integrating in-app purchase capabilities and advertisements in gameplays in order to monetize the games. For instance, according to a survey conducted by Unity Technologies, 20% of game makers are likely to integrate picture ads in their next release, among which 11% would be using full-screen picture ads and 9% would use banner picture ads. 80% of game developers are expected to use video advertisement to generate additional revenues.
- Demand for these games is expected to see robust growth during the forecast period; therefore, the emerging trend of 3D modeling techniques and additional revenue stream is significantly driving the growth of the game development software market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Multiple OS Deployment and Technological Problems Associated With Cross-Platform Capabilities Expected to Hamper the Global Game Development Software Market
- Multiple OS deployment compatibility of the software/ platforms as well as technical issues associated with cross-platform capabilities are major issues restricting the adoption of game development software. Technological issues usually become complex when the team or a developer is working on a novel platform which has not been fully consolidated or delivered.
- Hence, multiple OS deployment and technological problems associated with cross-platform capabilities is expected to hamper the game development software market.
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Game Development Software Market
- In terms of region, the global game development software market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global game development software market during the forecast period due to strong presence of large game development software/ platform vendors as well as demand for interactive and AR-VR compatible games, indicating potential growth of the game development software market in the region. Europe is expected to be the second largest market for game development software from 2020 to 2030.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly growing market for game development software during the forecast period due to increasing smartphone users and adoption of mobile games, specifically in India, Japan, and China.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in the Global Game Development Software Market
- Adobe, Inc.
- AdoreStudio Ltd.
- Amazon Lumberyard
- Autodesk, Inc.
- DEGICA Co., Ltd.
- Epic Games, Inc.
- FUGA Gaming Technologies
- GameSalad, Inc.
- Imfitech It Solution Pvt. Ltd.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Scirra Ltd.
- Stencyl, LLC
- Unity Technologies
- YoYo Games Ltd
Global Game Development Software Market: Research Scope
Global Game Development Software Market, by Solutions
- Stand-alone Solutions
- Packaged/ Software Suite
- Implementation & Update
- Consulting & Training
Global Game Development Software Market, by Game Type
- Mobile Games
- Console & PC Games
Global Game Development Software Market, by End-user
Global Game Development Software Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.