Global Game Development Software Market - Introduction
- A game development software or platform is a tool which assists in the creation of web, desktop, or mobile games. These tools enable conversion of 3D models and textures into a gaming format along with script compilation and level editing. The software or platforms are often provided as a packaged solution/software suite which supports game development for 2D, 3D, or both. Some of these packaged solutions/software suites also offer cross-platform capabilities which create games across all operating systems such as Microsoft, iOS, and Android.
- Several companies offer game development software or platforms with procedural content creation in order to help game developers create content efficiently and quickly. Additionally, game development software vendors provide a wide range of 3D game development tools for enhanced user experience. These platforms are also used for development and creation of realistic, high performance and graphics rich gameplay. Software/ platforms offered by game development companies require coding or scripting for the creation of games while few vendors offer a drag-and-drop interface in order to simplify the game development process.
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Game Development Software Market
Lockdown due to an increase in the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across major regions such as Europe, Asia, and North America, has a positive impact on the customer data platform market. Nowadays, individuals are focusing majorly on online gaming platforms such as PUBG, Counter-Strike, Dead by Daylight etc., which is expected to help organizations to work on more game development platform.
Emerging Trend of 3D Modeling Techniques and Additional Revenue Stream: Key Drivers of the Game Development Software Market
- The gaming industry is currently emphasizing on 3D modeling techniques to create 3D visual effects and 3D animated models to offer users a better gaming view experience. Therefore, the emerging trend of 3D games with increased real time experience is significantly driving the game development software market. 3D modeling solutions are used for the development of these games. Gaming companies are continuously engaged in developing new improved versions of their games. For instance, in November 2018, Autodesk Inc. partnered with Unity Technologies to develop the game engine with art software & graphics such as Maya & 3ds Max. Technological advancements in social networks, application stores, and mobile device technologies have resulted in radical growth of the gaming industry.
- Additionally, a large number of enterprises are emphasizing on increasing game adoption by monetizing their games and create an additional revenue stream. Companies are integrating in-app purchase capabilities and advertisements in gameplays in order to monetize the games. For instance, according to a survey conducted by Unity Technologies, 20% of game makers are likely to integrate picture ads in their next release, among which 11% would be using full-screen picture ads and 9% would use banner picture ads. 80% of game developers are expected to use video advertisement to generate additional revenues.
- Demand for these games is expected to see robust growth during the forecast period; therefore, the emerging trend of 3D modeling techniques and additional revenue stream is significantly driving the growth of the game development software market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Multiple OS Deployment and Technological Problems Associated With Cross-Platform Capabilities Expected to Hamper the Global Game Development Software Market
- Multiple OS deployment compatibility of the software/ platforms as well as technical issues associated with cross-platform capabilities are major issues restricting the adoption of game development software. Technological issues usually become complex when the team or a developer is working on a novel platform which has not been fully consolidated or delivered.
- Hence, multiple OS deployment and technological problems associated with cross-platform capabilities is expected to hamper the game development software market.
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Game Development Software Market
- In terms of region, the global game development software market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global game development software market during the forecast period due to strong presence of large game development software/ platform vendors as well as demand for interactive and AR-VR compatible games, indicating potential growth of the game development software market in the region. Europe is expected to be the second largest market for game development software from 2020 to 2030.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly growing market for game development software during the forecast period due to increasing smartphone users and adoption of mobile games, specifically in India, Japan, and China.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in the Global Game Development Software Market
- Adobe, Inc.
- AdoreStudio Ltd.
- Amazon Lumberyard
- Autodesk, Inc.
- DEGICA Co., Ltd.
- Epic Games, Inc.
- FUGA Gaming Technologies
- GameSalad, Inc.
- Imfitech It Solution Pvt. Ltd.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Scirra Ltd.
- Stencyl, LLC
- Unity Technologies
- YoYo Games Ltd
Global Game Development Software Market: Research Scope
Global Game Development Software Market, by Solutions
- Stand-alone Solutions
- Packaged/ Software Suite
- Implementation & Update
- Consulting & Training
Global Game Development Software Market, by Game Type
- Mobile Games
- Console & PC Games
Global Game Development Software Market, by End-user
Global Game Development Software Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.