Gallic Acid: Introduction
- Gallic acid is an organic chemical compound that is a naturally occurring antioxidant. It is a secondary type of polyphenolic metabolites. Gallic acid is also known as trihydroxybenzoic acid. It is a type of phenolic acid that is found in several plants such as oak bark, sumac, tea leaves, gallnuts, and witch hazel. Gallic acid is white to off-white amorphous solid. It is hygroscopic and soluble in water.
- Gallic acid is naturally occurring; however, large quantities of synthesized gallic acid are also available. Gallic acid occurs as a free molecule or as a part of tannin molecule. Gallic acid is used as a synthetic intermediate in the manufacturing process of pyrogallols and gallic acid esters. Pyrogallol and gallic acid esters are used in food products and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Gallic acid possesses anti-carcinogenic, anti-microbial, and anti-mutagenic properties. As a result, it is extensively used in the food & beverages industry. In the food industry, gallic acid is used as an additive to formulate preservative propyl gallate. Furthermore, gallic acid is used in a wide range of industrial applications. For instance, it is used to prepare trimethoprim sulfamethoxazole (TMP), synthesis of trimethoprim, and other sulfonamides in the pharmaceutical industry.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Gallic Acid Market
- Rise in awareness about healthy lifestyle and increase in trend of healthy eating are driving the global gallic acid market. Increase in awareness about gallic acid among consumers is also anticipated to boost the demand for gallic acid in the general food industry.
- Gallic acid is significantly used in pharmacology to convey medicinal properties that are hepatoprotective and neuroprotective. Furthermore, continuous research work indicates a promising outlook for gallic acid in the pharmaceutical and therapeutic industries. This is projected to augment the gallic acid market in the next few years. However, availability of alternatives of gallic acid is likely to hamper the market in the near future.
Gallic Acid Market: End-use Industry Segment
- In terms of end-use industry, the global gallic acid market can be segmented into pharmaceutical, chemical, food & beverages, personal care & cosmetics, paper & pulp, and others
- The pharmaceutical segment is estimated to hold significant share of the market during the forecast period
- The food & beverages segment is expected to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period, owing to the increasing trend of healthy eating and healthy lifestyle across the globe
North America to be Key Region of Global Gallic Acid Market
- In terms of region, the global gallic acid market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to be the key region for the global gallic acid market, owing to increase in consumption of gallic acid in various end-use industries. It is anticipated to be followed by Asia Pacific.
- Growth in consumption of gallic acid in the food and pharmaceutical industries in Asia Pacific is projected to boost the lucrativeness of the region in the global gallic acid market in the near future
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Gallic Acid Market
The global gallic acid market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global gallic acid market include:
- Hubei Tianxin Biotech Co., Ltd
- Gallochem Co., Ltd.
- Zunyi City Bei Yuan Chemical Co.,Ltd.
- Xiangxi Gaoyuan Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- JPN Pharma Pvt Ltd.
- Wego chemical Group
- CDH Fine Chemicals
- TCI Chemicals
- Merck KGaA
- Haihang Industry Co., Ltd.
Global Gallic Acid Market: Research Scope
Global Gallic Acid Market, by Grade
- Food Grade
- Pharma Grade
- Industrial Grade
Global Gallic Acid Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Paper & Pulp
Global Gallic Acid Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.