Functional Edible Coatings Market Outlook
Functional edible coatings are used to preserve the products and to increase its shelf-life. Functional edible coatings are environmental friendly coatings that are applied to various products to control the various factors such as gas exchange, moisture transfer, and the oxidation process. Functional edible coatings are made with active ingredients to form a complex polymer matrix, and thus, offer an additional advantage by enhancing the nutritional and sensory characteristics of the product. Functional edible coatings are used in various industries such as food, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, etc.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Increasing Population is estimated to have a Positive Influence on the Functional Edible Coatings Market
The major focus of the manufacturers in various industries is to increase the shelf-life of its products and to maintain consistency in the quality. These factors are anticipated to serve as a major driver for the functional edible coatings market. Functional edible coatings offer exceptional properties as they help to retain the moisture and control various aspects. Functional edible coatings help to extend the shelf-life, and therefore, also enables to develop high-quality products. Thus, the demand for functional edible coatings is estimated to increase as it is aligned with the requirements of the manufacturers.
The consumer shift from synthetic to natural products is estimated to drive the functional edible coatings market. In the past few years, there has been a big change in consumer perception. The increasing awareness among consumers is one of the key reason for the changing consumer preferences. Due to this, the inclination of the manufacturers is also increasing towards the use of natural and edible products. Thus, the acceptance of functional edible coatings is estimated to increase as an alternative to the various synthetic coatings that are available in the market.
The rising population is expected to drive the functional edible coatings market. With the increasing population, the demand for fruits and vegetables is going to increase all across the world. But the main disadvantage is that fruits and vegetables have very small shelf-life and are easily perishable. Also, there are huge losses of fruits and vegetables due to the damage done by the weather, micro-organisms, insects, and other such factors. According to the UN FAO SAVE FOOD Initiative, almost half of the fruits and vegetables produced are wasted. Also, according to the FAO, more than 820 million people do not have enough to eat. As the population increases, the losses of fruits and vegetables is not affordable as this can cause a shortage of food materials in various regions of the world. Therefore, the use of functional edible coatings is an effective method to improve its shelf-life. Functional edible coatings offer protective covering to the fruits and vegetables and are also beneficial for the health of the consumers. Thus, the increasing population is estimated to have a positive impact on the functional edible coatings market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Functional Edible Coatings Market”
Functional Edible Coatings Market Segmentation
The functional edible coatings market is segmented on the basis of product type and end-use.
The functional edible coatings market can be segmented on the basis of the product type as:
The functional edible coatings market can be segmented on the basis of the end-use as:
- Food Processing
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Meat, Fish, Poultry Snacks
- Dairy Products
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Other Food Processing
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Nutraceutical Industry
- Animal Feed industry
Functional Edible Coatings Market: Regional Analysis
Functional edible coatings market is estimated to increase in the North America and Europe region. The increasing health awareness, presence of key food and other industry players, and demand for natural products are estimated to serve as some of the drivers for the functional edible coatings market in the North America and Europe region. Also, the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to grow at a moderate rate due to the high growth rate of the population and more dependence on agricultural products for the income generation.
Functional Edible Coatings Market: Key Participants
Few of the key market players in the functional edible coatings market are:
- Tate & Lyle PLC
- Cargill, Incorporated
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Devro Plc
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Mantrose-Haeuser Co., Inc.
- Kerry Group PLC
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the functional edible coatings market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, and end-use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Functional edible coatings Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to functional edible coatings market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in functional edible coatings market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of functional edible coatings
- Value Chain Analysis of the functional edible coatings market
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the functional edible coatings market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the functional edible coatings market
- Competitive landscape of the functional edible coatings market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on functional edible coatings market performance
- Must-have information for functional edible coatings market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE: All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.