Pectin is a naturally occurring soluble fiber, structural heteropolysaccharide, which is usually found in apples, lemons, oranges, berries, and other fruits. Unripe fruits generally have more pectin than ripe fruits. Pectin is commercially manufactured as brown powder, extracted primarily from citrus fruits. Pears, apples, guavas, quince, plums, gooseberries, and citrus fruits such as oranges contain large amount of pectin, while soft fruits such as cherries, grapes, and strawberries contain less amount of pectin. Pectin is primarily used as a gelling and thickening agent and stabilizer in a number of fruit products, such as marmalades, fruit-based preparations such as yogurts, drinks, ice creams, desserts, and bakery products. It is also used in confectionery such as jams and jellies in order to provide them a gel-like structure. Fruit pectin reduces cooking time, improves texture and color, and increases shelf-life when added to food and other products. Pectin is used in jellies to confer to them a gel-like structure, a clean bite, and a good flavor release. It is also used to stabilize acidic protein drinks, such as drinking yogurt, in order to improve the mouth-feel and the pulp stability in juice-based drinks, and also as a fat substitute in baked food items. It is also widely used in the pharmaceuticals industry for preparation of wound healing applications and specialty medical adhesives. Fruit pectin is useful for patients of high cholesterol, prostate cancer, and diabetes. It helps in maintaining low blood sugar levels as it can delay the absorption of glucose in the body.
Fruit pectin is available in two forms: liquid and powdered (dry). Although both of these are made from fruits, they are not interchangeable. Liquid pectin is usually made from apples. Powdered pectin is made from citrus fruits or apples. Based on function, the fruit pectin market can be segmented into stabilizer, gelling agent, thickener, and fat substitute. By application, the fruit pectin market can be divided into food & beverage, pharmaceutical, and cosmetics.
The food & beverage industry is the key driver of the fruit pectin market. Pectin is used in confectionery, and fruit applications such as jams, jellies, and desserts. Demand for pectin in pharmaceuticals and cosmetics is on a significant rise. It is used to create textures from gels to structured fluids. With the use of various raw materials and manufacturing conditions, pectin is applied as film-forming and water-binding agents. Availability of substitute products such as xanthan and guar and scarcity in the supply of essential raw materials such as citrus peel usually results in the increase of lead time in the manufacture of fruit pectin. These factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of fruit pectin market in the near future.
The global market for fruit pectin has experienced significant growth on account of the rise in demand for food products in the developed as well as developing economies. Europe is the leader in the fruit pectin market, followed by North America. The fruit pectin industry is anticipated to develop rapidly in the emerging countries such as China and India, which can be attributed to the changing lifestyle of people and consumer preferences for convenience foods. Furthermore, economic development in China has led to an increase in the purchasing power of consumers, thus contributing to the demand for high-quality processed foods.
Players in the fruit pectin market are Cargill Inc., Devson Impex Pvt. Ltd., Nestlé S.A., Danone S.A., Kellogg NA Co., Danisco A/S, and B&V srl, CP Kelco, and Yantai Andre Pectin Co. Ltd.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?