FRP Grating Market: A practical green energy source
- FRP grating or Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic grating is a grating structure entailing a matrix of resin and fiberglass.
- FRP is regarded as a green, sustainable, and energy-efficient material. Unlike steel, FRP grating does not corrode. It is a suitable alternative in corrosive environments to reduce maintenance costs.
- Demand for FRP grating is expected to rise substantially in the next few years due to the superior characteristics of FRP such as chemical resistance, corrosion resistance, thermal stability and low lifecycle costs.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the FRP Grating Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restrains of FRP Grating Market
- Increase in global population calls for smart architecture, smart mobility, and smart energy solutions. FRP is anticipated to emerge as a high strength and lightweight alternative to steel and iron grating structures during the forecast period.
- Conventional wood and metallic gratings deteriorate rapidly in the corrosive surroundings. FRP gratings are non-magnetic, non-conductive of electricity, feature good aesthetics, involve ease installation, and are maintenance free. FRP gratings serve as the reliable solution for corrosion issues faced in industrial environments.
- Rise in demand for fiber reinforced plastic is estimated to result in high volumes of manufacturing scrap. Implementation of stringent regulations concerning landfill disposal and extensive energy requirements for production of new virgin material are anticipated to hamper the market to some extent.
Vinyl Ester Resin Segment to Mark Robust Demand
- Based on resin type, global FRP grating market can be divided into polyester, vinyl ester, phenolic resin, and others (including epoxy and polyurethane). Demand for vinyl ester based FRP gratings is projected to be high in industrial applications involving aggressive environments where specific chemical resistance is required.
- A range of industries such as chemical processing, waste-water treatment, and oil & gas have been facing the key challenge of corrosion of metal-based grating structures. Vinyl esters are likely to serve as the optimum solution to the corrosion challenges, with their better performance characteristics as compared to other conventional resins
- Vinyl ester based FRP gratings feature unique characteristics such as low permeability, higher chemical resistance, and abrasion resistance. Owing to these characteristics, vinyl esters are estimated to have robust demand as matrix materials to fabricate FRP gratings during forecast period
- Based on manufacturing process, the global FRP grating market can be segregated into pultruded and molded. Pultruded FRP grating involves unidirectional strength and higher glass content, which results in a greater span capability compared to molded variants.
- Molded FRP grating exhibits unique features such as anti-slip, high strength, low maintenance, and versatility. Demand for FRP gratings is expected to rise in applications such as flooring, walkways, platforms, and staircases in the near future.
Walkways to be the prominent application segment during forecast period
- In terms of application, the FRP grating market can be classified into stair treads, walkways, platforms, flooring, and others (including drainage gutters, mezzanines, and machine housings). Walkways is anticipated to be the leading segment during the forecast period. Evolution of smart airports and rise in demand for energy-efficient walkways are expected to augment the market in the near future.
- Based on end-use, the global FRP grating market can be divided into pharmaceutical, marine, food processing, pulp & paper, oil & gas, chemical, mining, and others (including transportation and agriculture). Rise in demand for high-performance and non-corrosive grating solutions in these industries is likely to provide immense potential for the FRP grating market in the near future.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on FRP Grating Market here
Asia Pacific to be the Key Region in Global FRP Grating Market
- In terms of region, the global FRP Grating market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific region is expected to exhibit strong economic performance during the next decade. Improved global economic conditions are likely to provide further impetus to the dynamism of the regional infrastructure.
- Several Asia Pacific governments are planning to escalate infrastructure financing and development by simplifying the regulations for private and foreign investor participation.
- Australia, Singapore and India are projected to emerge as stable economies by 2027, depicting long-term benefits to the investors. FRP grating market is likely to observe strong potential in Asia Pacific from various end-use industries, in accordance with the uplifting of the regional infrastructure sector.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the leading region of the global market during the forecast period. Increase in government investments in new infrastructure and resurrection of the old construction in countries in Asia Pacific such as China, Singapore, India, and Thailand are estimated to present ample opportunities for the FRP grating market in the near future
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global FRP grating market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the FRP Grating market include
- FlexxCon BV
- STRONGWELL CORPORATION
- Gebrüder Meiser GmbH
- Techno Composites Domine GmbH
- FERROTECH INTERNATIONAL FZE
- Bedford Reinforced Plastics
- AGC MATEX CO. LTD.
- Liberty Pultrusions
- Valmont Industries, Inc.
- AIMS INTERNATIONAL
- McNICHOLS CO., INC.
- Lionweld Kennedy Flooring Ltd.
Global FRP Grating Market: Research Scope
Global FRP Grating Market, by Resin
- Vinyl Ester
- Phenolic Resin
- Others (epoxy, polyurethane, etc.)
Global FRP Grating Market, by Manufacturing Process
Global FRP Grating Market, by Application
- Stair Treads
- Others (drainage gutters, mezzanines, machine housings, etc.)
Global FRP Grating Market, by End-use Industry
- Food Processing
- Pulp & Paper
- Oil & Gas
- Others (transportation, agriculture, etc.)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.