Frozen Mushroom Market: Outlook
Mushroom or “Toadstool” was first identified in Europe as an edible item. Frozen mushrooms are the mushrooms that are cooled and frozen rapidly to retain the nutrients of fresh mushrooms. The shelf life of frozen mushrooms is about 24 months, which is not the case with ordinary mushrooms. Frozen mushrooms find a wide variety of applications in foods and medicines. Among all regions globally, Europe and North America markets account for significant consumption of frozen mushrooms. Europe and China collectively accounted for a 46.18% share in 2017. The use of frozen mushrooms in China has been growing at a rapid pace and is expected to retain the momentum during the forecast period.
- The global frozen mushroom market was pegged at US$ 10 Million in 2017 and it is expected to reach US$ 20 Million by the end of 2025 with a CAGR of 20% between 2018 and 2025
Increasing Demand for Frozen Mushrooms in a Wide Variety of Food and Medicinal Products
The extensive use of frozen mushrooms in pizzas has been surging the demand for this product. The demand for frozen mushrooms has been increasing with its increasing applications in Italian pizzas and Indian food to enhance the overall flavor and fragrance of the dishes.
- With growing health consciousness among the population, the demand for frozen mushrooms has been increasing considering their nutritional value and health benefits. According to a survey, in the Asia Pacific market, 46% of consumers in India are health conscious
Global Frozen Mushroom Market: Segmentation
On the basis of source, the global frozen mushroom market has been segmented as:
On the basis of type, the global frozen mushroom market has been segmented as:
- Oyster Mushrooms
- Button Mushrooms
- Shiitake Mushrooms
On the basis of form, the global frozen mushroom market has been segmented as:
- Dry frozen Mushrooms
- Vacuum frozen Mushrooms
On the basis of end use, the global frozen mushroom market has been segmented as:
- Dressing and Salads
- Cosmetic and Personal Care
On the basis of the distribution channel, the global frozen mushroom market has been segmented as:
- Modern Grocery Retailers
- Convenience Stores
- Traditional Grocery Retailers
- Food Specialists
- Other Grocery Retailers
- Online Retailing
- Modern Grocery Retailers
Global Frozen Mushroom Market Participants
Some of the key players operating in the frozen mushroom market are Bonduelle SA, Jiangsu Yuguan Modern Agricultural S&T Co., Ltd., Scelta Mushrooms B.V., OKECHAMP S.A., Modern Mushroom Farms, Inc., Monterey Mushrooms, Inc., Costa Groups Holdings Limited, The Mushroom Company, Shanghai Finc Bio-Tech Inc, Lutece Holding B.V., Monaghan Mushrooms Ireland Limited, Phillips Mushroom Farms, Inc. and Drinkwater’s Mushroom Ltd. An increasing number of food manufacturers are keen on introducing frozen mushrooms in their product portfolios.
Opportunities for Market Participants
Frozen mushrooms can last for 24 months without any preservative, which makes them a preferred alternative to fresh mushrooms. Pizzas have been gaining popularity globally and mushrooms are extensively used in pizzas. This provides an opportunity for the manufacturers of frozen mushrooms. Nowadays, cardiovascular diseases and heart and blood pressure problems are prevalent among adults. This may also provide an opportunity for manufacturers as the high potassium and low sodium content of mushroom are helpful for heart health. Also, frozen mushrooms contain antioxidants, which help in reducing free radicals in cells.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: regional markets, nature, form, end use, and distribution channel.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.