Frozen Fruits and Vegetables Market - Overview
Freezing is a widely used method for food preservation. The process allows the preservation of texture, taste, and nutritional value in foods. The freezing process reaps the advantages of low temperatures at which chemical reactions are reduced, cellular metabolic reactions are delayed, and microorganisms cannot grow. The freezing process is employed for long-term preservation of various food and vegetables, providing them with an extended shelf-life. The process involves the lowering of temperature of the product to -18 ºC or below. This results in the change of the physical state of food, since the energy is removed by cooling the fruits and vegetables below freezing temperature. The extremely cold temperature retards the growth of microorganisms and slows down the chemical changes that affect the quality of the product and spoils it.
Frozen Fruits and Vegetables Market - Drivers and Restraints
Frozen fruits and vegetables are gaining traction among consumers owing to the numerous advantages they offer over fresh produce. Increasing trend in the food industry for steady supply of seasonal fruits and vegetables throughout the year acts as a major driving factor of the industry. Furthermore, rising awareness about the nutritious value of frozen fruits and vegetables and the growing trend of clean eating have also fueled the industry. Moreover, increasing technological developments along with improving cold storage chains in emerging countries have led to the development of a systematic supply of network of frozen fruits and vegetables. Other factors influencing the frozen fruits and vegetables market in a positive manner include urbanization, fast-paced lifestyles of consumers, increasing disposable incomes, and aggressive marketing by manufacturers. Changing consumption patterns and increasingly hectic lifestyles of consumers have also propelled their demand. Rising demand for newer flavors and ingredients in the product have also fueled the industry growth. Increasing demand for convenience across the globe has also pushed frozen fruits and vegetables right up in the foods category. Countries with a shortage of fresh fruits and vegetables prefer frozen fruits and vegetables, since the freezing process preserves the food and does not involve the usage of any unwanted additives in the bags of frozen goodies, like strawberries and spinach.
Frozen Fruits and Vegetables Market - Segmentation
The frozen fruits and vegetables market can be segmented based on type, form, packaging, application, and region. Based on type, the market can be segregated into fruits and vegetables. In terms of form, the market can be classified into puree, whole, topping bar, and other processed forms. Based on packaging, the frozen fruits and vegetables market can be segregated into <10 kg, >10-15 kg, 15-30 kg, and >30 kg. In terms of application, the fruits can be further sub-segmented into fruit juices & smoothies, whole fruits, salads & desserts, breakfast cereals, yoghurt, bakery foods and others and the vegetables can be further sub-segmented into whole vegetable, pizza toppings, RTE (Ready to Eat Foods), salads, pastas & noodles, soups and others. The frozen vegetable segment of type category is expected to dominate in terms of market share during the forecast period. Demand for frozen fruits such as red fruits, tropical fruits and citrus fruits, and apricots & berries is anticipated to be higher than other fruits owing to their increased application in dairy products, baked foods, and confectionery items.
Based on the region, the frozen fruits and vegetables market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. Europe and North America are anticipated to hold major share of the global frozen fruits and vegetables market by the end of the forecast period. Demand for frozen fruits and vegetables in Europe is projected to rise owing to the increasing demand for healthy convenience foods. France, Germany, Belgium and the U.K. are the major importers in terms of value in the industry.
Frozen Fruits and Vegetables Market - Key Players
Prominent players in the global frozen fruits and vegetables market include Ardo NV (Belgium), Simplot Australia PTY Ltd (Australia), Dole (U.S.), HJ Heinz (US), Pinnacle Foods Corp. (US), Findus Sverige AB, (Sweden), General Mills (U.S.), and Bonduelle Group (France).
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.