Fresh Meat Packaging Market
Fresh Meat Packaging Market (Material Type: Polyethylene [PE],Polypropylene [PP], BOPP, EVOH, PVC, PA, and Others; Packaging Type: Modified Atmosphere Packaging, Vacuum Skin Packaging Stand Up Pouches, Vacuum Thermoformed Packaging, and Others; and Meat Type: Beef, Pork, Poultry, Seafood, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2028
Packaging Companies Adhere to Good Food Safety Practices to Avoid COVID-19 Contamination
Since it is suspected that the novel coronavirus may have originated from animals, stakeholders have become more aware about maintaining the safety of meat. There is a high chance of transmission of COVID-19 from food and food packaging. Hence, companies in the fresh meat packaging market are educating their logistics partners and other stakeholders in the value chain to avoid cross contamination while packaging the meat.
Good food safety practices recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) are being followed by companies in the fresh meat packaging market. Since COVID-19 has led to a dip in meat consumption, companies in the fresh meat packaging market are rethinking their online marketing and sales strategies to boost product uptake via eCommerce. Packaging companies are encouraging consumers to disinfect food packaging surfaces with household sanitizers to ensure safety.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Fresh Meat Packaging Market
Case-ready Packaging Maximizes Protection, Alleviates Demand Uncertainties
Amid health concerns surrounding the novel coronavirus, companies in the fresh meat packaging market are boosting their output capacities for case-ready packaging solutions. These solutions not only help to maximize protection of raw meat, but are also used to offset supply and demand uncertainties.
The fresh meat packaging market is predicted to climb a volume growth from ~924,165 tons in 2020 and surpass the volume of ~1,255,795 tons by 2028. High quality barrier technologies, such as vacuum sealing, barrier films, and modified temperatures are being used to ensure the freshness of raw meat. Packaging companies are witnessing a transition from fresh cutting and packaging operations to scaling of eCommerce pickups of perishable items.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Bio-plastics, Molded Fibers Offer Compostable, Biodegradable Packaging Material
A balance between sustainability and performance is being met by companies in the fresh meat packaging market that are becoming aware about consumer concerns for polystyrene foam tray covered with plastic film. Packaging companies are incorporating more recycled materials in their solutions to achieve consumers’ sustainability goals. They are producing bio-plastics and molded fiber materials to meet performance requirements in packaging to keep the meat fresh for consumption.
The fresh meat packaging market is slated to register a volume CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period. Bio-plastics and molded fibers are offering packaging that is compostable and biodegradable. Manufacturers are establishing continuous research in sustainable materials whilst overcoming challenges to contain moisture and prevent the meat from sticking to packaging.
Eco-friendly Individual Packets Enable Perfectly Portioned Servings of Seafood
Companies in the fresh meat packaging market are increasing efforts to draw design innovations in seafood packaging. They are boosting their production capabilities in eco-friendly individual packets that are perfectly portioned servings. In order to make seafood products approachable, companies should improve their design capabilities to ensure food safety and freshness of the product.
Modified atmosphere packaging is a fast growing phenomenon in the poultry industry, since this meat supports growth of microorganisms. Even seafood packaging requires high concentrations of carbon dioxide as compared to poultry.
Companies Focus on Improving Packaging Design, Material Exposure Capabilities for Lamb Meat
Lamb packaging is creating new business streams for manufacturers in the fresh meat packaging market who are increasing the availability of corrugated packaging solutions for the same. Stakeholders are increasing focus to deliver premium lamb with standard quality and design in packaging solutions. Manufacturers in the fresh meat packaging market are boosting their production in cardboard-based corrugated boxes with high strength and durability. They are increasing the availability of affordable packaging solutions in cardboard-based and environment-friendly packaging, since plastic and expanded polystyrene are facing a ban across nations.
Packaging companies are improving their design and material exposure capabilities for lamb meat to offset incidence of contamination.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Fresh Meat Packaging Market
Case-ready packaging and improvements in material exposure in packaging for fresh meat are offsetting the incidence of contamination of COVID-19. In-store overwrap trays are being associated with unverified quality labeling and non-recyclable polystyrene foam trays. Hence, companies in the fresh meat packaging market should increase the availability of USDA-verified quality labeling, and recyclable PET and paperboard trays. Bio-plastics and modified fibers are gaining prominence in poultry packaging. Transparent packaging is being preferred for lamb meat and seafood to earn the trust of consumers. New packaging designs include food safety guidelines, nutritional values, and manufacturing date, among other details.
Fresh Meat Packaging Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the fresh meat packaging market for the historical period 2015-2019 and forecast period 2020-2028, rising demand for flexible packaging over rigid and aesthetic dispensing of food items via transparent packaging is projected to drive the market
- Globally, the revenue generated by the fresh meat packaging market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 4.3% in terms of value during the forecast period
Exigency of Proper Packaging to Extend Shelf Life of Fresh Meat
- Shelf life is known to be a vital parameter among several end users (i.e. co-packers, retailers, and meat producers) while choosing correct packaging films and their respective compatible packaging type
- High barrier films and prominence of relevant packaging types, such as MAP and vacuum enabled co-packers, retailers, and meat producers to extend the shelf life of fresh meat products by approximately 10x. Additionally, barrier films also supplement the visual appearance of meat products, which, in turn, attracts consumers to buy fresh meat.
- Barrier films offer protection to meat products from moisture and dust, and maintains the freshness for relatively longer durations. Such packaging also prevents this perishable food product from becoming stale.
- Globally, the vacuum skin packaging stand up pouches are expected to bolster the demand for moisture-free meat packaging in the future and therefore, are expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.4% by 2028
Fresh Meat Packaging Using Bio-based Materials to Unlock New Opportunities
- Shifting demand of application in bio-based materials for making fresh meat packaging instead of toxic plastic is unlocking new growth opportunities in the market. Rising environmental concerns and stringent government regulations have opened new avenues for manufacturers of fresh meat packaging to move ahead toward innovation.
- Several manufacturers have already adopted sustainable fresh meat packaging; however, rest of the players are undergoing rigorous R&D to achieve sustainability goals. With the help of the compression molding technique, PLA (Polylactic Acid) composite films are treated with silver-copper nanoparticles and cinnamon essential oil in the polymer matrix. This experiment-based technology prevents bacteria and pathogenic spoilage of poultry products.
- Therefore, in terms of material type, other materials such as (bio-based plastics) are likely to create an incremental opportunity of US$ 64.3 Mn by the end of 2028
Growing Preference for Packaged Meat in Emerging Economies
- Ready-to-eat meat has shown rapid growth in China, owing to increasing preference for non-locally produced meat amid concerns for local meat
- With rapid urbanization, many people in emerging countries are inclining toward packaged meat products and other convenience products due to time constraint, thus offering opportunity to global players to rethink their marketing strategies and customize their product portfolio in order to expand and tap into the fresh meat packaging market.
- Globally, the poultry and beef meat type are largely preferred by consumers and therefore, the poultry and beef meat type are expected to collectively create an incremental opportunity of US$ 595 Mn during the forecast period
Fresh Meat Packaging Market: Key Findings
- Among various packaging types, the vacuum skin packaging stand up pouches segment is estimated to account for more than 30% of the market share by the end of 2028. There is a high demand for fresh meat packaging in the food & beverages industry, as they promise to offer various closure options, aesthetic appeal, and enhanced shelf life.
- The polyethylene (PE) material type segment in the fresh meat packaging market accounts for the majority of the market share, in terms of value. Polyethylene (PE) plastics is widely used, as it offers clear packaging added with barrier properties. The segment is projected to expand by 1.5x its current value, creating an incremental opportunity of nearly US$ 456.3 Mn.
- Among various meat types, poultry meat such as chicken, ducks, turkey, and geese is the most consumed meat type globally. Therefore, poultry meat is expected to reach over US$ 1 Bn by the end of 2028.
- North America fresh meat packaging market is expected to outbid other regions. This market is forecast to create maximum incremental opportunity of US$ 230 Mn over the next 10 years and expected to expand at a CAGR of 4% by 2028 year end.
COVID-19 to Augment Demand for Fresh Meat Packaging
- The advent of the ongoing novel COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the global fresh meat packaging market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to an increase in sales of food and beverages, as both consumers and businesses practice social distancing to limit contact by the online delivery options. This is anticipated to increase the demand for fresh meat packaging in the market.
- Moreover, increased consumer awareness and need for hygiene have grown dramatically after the spread of virus. Manufactures are focusing on using packaging materials, which have protective properties that provide a barrier to shield products from contaminants during transit to ensure that virus is minimally viable on the packaging surface. The pandemic has resulted in isolation of consumers at home where a brand hardly has any physical connection with the consumer.
- However, some of the factors such as transit of product, supply chain, raw material availability, and worker’s isolation led to slowdown of manufacturing activities
Fresh Meat Packaging Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global fresh meat packaging market, providing forecast for the period of 2020-2028. In the study, growth opportunity for the fresh meat packaging market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the fresh meat packaging market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Fresh Meat Packaging Market Report
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on fresh meat packaging market?
- Which material type will be the most lucrative for fresh meat packaging?
- What will be market size for fresh meat packaging by the end of 2028?
- Which is the most preferred meat type for fresh meat packaging in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which are the top five countries of fresh meat packaging market?
- Who are major key players in the fresh meat packaging market?
Key indicators associated with the fresh meat packaging market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global fresh meat packaging market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of fresh meat packaging. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the fresh meat packaging market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the fresh meat packaging market are provided on the basis of material type, packaging type, meat type, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments have been provided in the report. The fresh meat packaging market has been analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the fresh meat packaging market, in tandem with the dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players has also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of fresh meat packaging manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for fresh meat packaging.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the fresh meat packaging market report include Mondi Plc., Amcor Plc, Berry Global Group Inc., Coveris Holdings S.A., Winpak Ltd., Sealed Air Corporation, Bollore Group, Cascades Inc., Amerplast Ltd. and R.Faerch Plast A/S.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the fresh meat packaging market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the fresh meat packaging market. The report has undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the fresh meat packaging market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Fresh Meat Packaging Market – Segmentation
The global fresh meat packaging market has been divided on the basis of material type, packaging type, meat type, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with a holistic view of the market.