Forklift Battery Charger Market - Introduction
- Forklift battery chargers, as the name suggest, are used to recharge electrically powered forklifts. Forklifts are utilized handle and transport material and equipment from one location to another.
- Demand for forklifts is rising globally due to their high weight carrying capacities, high weight lifting capacities, and fast movement in compact spaces owing to high torque that generate high speed. These forklifts contain various types of batteries and consequently, require different type of chargers.
Key drivers of global forklift battery charger market
- Recent technologies such as fleet management, connected vehicles, and IoT-enabled devices in vehicles have increased the demand for electrically powered vehicles, and forklifts are no exception. Electric forklifts help reduce noise pollution, air pollution, and hence, keep the environment clean. This is driving the demand for electric forklifts.
- E-commerce giants such as Amazon, Flipkart, and Myntra have their own warehouses for storage of goods. Industrial vehicles such as forklifts are used to handle goods in these warehouses. Electrically operated forklifts comply with environmental policies since they do not emit CO2 or any NOX pollutants, thereby driving the adoption of electrical forklifts. These forklifts are charged by forklift chargers at charging stations that are built at company sites. This is boosting the demand for fast chargers and consequently, reducing overall charging time for battery charging in forklifts.
- Use of forklifts, also known as lift trucks, to handle material over a short distance is a key advantage driving their adoption in manufacturing, automotive, construction, and shipping industries. Moreover, increase in demand for safety has fueled the utilization of forklifts in the industrial sector in order to avoid accidents and casualties.
- In an automated manufacturing plant, the floors are smooth and have areas designated for operation of forklifts and other autonomous vehicles. Class 1 type forklifts, which use cushion tires and are electrically driven and have counter weight balance mechanism, are commonly employed on smooth floors in an automated manufacturing plant.
- Technological advancements that are aimed to produce more energy-efficient, durable batteries is another factor driving developments in forklift battery chargers. For instance, IoT enabled charging technology is able to monitor temperature, charging time, operating time, and predicts overall lifecycle of batteries.
- These factors are projected to boost the demand for forklift battery chargers and thereby propel the forklift battery charger market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
High initial cost to hamper forklift battery charger market
- Digital revolution and technological advancements, in order to increase battery life and reduce charging time, have led to the introduction of newer technologies such as Ferroresonant battery charger and high frequency battery charger. These chargers enable rapid charging of forklifts; however, the initial cost of these chargers is very high. Consequently, consumers who cannot afford them use traditional chargers, which may decrease battery performance and battery life. This high initial cost of is likely to hamper the adoption rate of forklift battery chargers and thereby, restrain the forklift battery charger market.
Asia Pacific to dominate global forklift battery charger market
- Presence of large number of manufacturing and production units, high rate of economic growth, and increase in rate of adoption of technologies in Asia Pacific are key factors driving the adoption of forklifts in the region
- China, followed by India, being the largest regional market for production and sale of automotive and electronics, witness heavy logistic activities owing to rising trend of e-commerce in these countries, which in turn is driving the need for forklifts
- Demand for forklifts is boosting the demand for forklift battery charger and consequently, propelling the market in the region
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Forklift Battery Charger Market, ask for a customized report
Key players operating in global forklift battery charger market
The global forklift battery charger market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global forklift battery charger market are:
- Crown Equipment Corporation
- Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation
- Douglas Battery
- GS Yuasa International Ltd.
- AMETEK, Inc
- Hitachi Ltd.
- SEVCON (BorgWarner Inc.)
- Storage Battery Systems, LLC
- Lester Electrical
Global Forklift Battery Charger Market: Research Scope
Global Forklift Battery Charger Market, by Battery Type
- Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Battery
- Nickel-Cadmium Battery
- Lithium Ion Battery
- Planté Battery
Global Forklift Battery Charger Market, by Technology
- High Frequency
- Silicon Controlled Rectifier (SCR)
Global Forklift Battery Charger Market, by Alternating Current (AC) Circuit
- Single Phase
- Three Phase
Global Forklift Battery Charger Market, by Battery Rated Voltage Ratings
- Above 110V
Global Forklift Battery Charger Market, by Output Charging Current Rating
- Above 100A
Global Forklift Battery Charger Market, by Power Rating
- Up to 5 KW
- 5-10 KW
- 10-15 KW
- >15 KW
Global Forklift Battery Charger Market, by Sales Channel
Global Forklift Battery Charger Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.