Global Food Waste Management Market: Overview
Growing population across the globe has increased the pressure on the agriculture and government to provide adequate food for all. Moreover, depleting agricultural area and changing patterns of agricultural production are also raising concerns for adequate food supply. Therefore, in the response to these issues, specific efforts are being made on reducing food waste and various food waste management techniques are being used. Governments, private organizations, NGOs, and individuals are coming up with new and different ways of reducing food waste. High demand for organic waste, due to its growing use in producing animal feed and fertilizers along with its reducing effect on greenhouse are few other factors estimated to drive demand for the food waste management systems.
According to the Transparency Market Research report on the global food waste management market, this market is expected to witness significant growth over the period of eight years from 2019 to 2027. This report elucidates on the key factors related to the market and its growth. Recent developments, revenue, new developments and initiatives, companies and government contributions, and ongoing trends related to the market are all discussed thoroughly.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Food Waste Management Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Global Food Waste Management Market: Notable Developments
Responsibility of providing food to each and every individuals lies in mainly in the hands of the government and various agricultural manufacturing companies. Both of them are making significant efforts to reduce food wastage and to make optimal use of food residue. In terms of government regulations, developed regions are imposing strict regulations as majority of food waste is generated from developed countries. Food waste is generated mostly from supply chain including, transportation, processors, logistics, distributors and retailers in these regions.
With Respect to Regulations
The National solid waste policy in Brazil is concentrating on minimizing total wastage volume generated at national level and increasing the sustainability of solid waste management. The policy includes the sectors such as healthcare, construction, transportation, forestry, industrial, and mining.
In European region, the waste management legislation made it compulsory for retail sectors, service providers, and food manufacturers to develop food waste disposal and recycling without affecting the environment.
Innovative Steps Taken by Companies
In 2015, NEA suggested an outline to encourage use of processing practices and smart storage that will help in reducing food wastages and save money by reducing wastage at source.
Other top players in the food waste management market are also coming up innovative ways such as smart packaging that will help in reducing food packaging, enabling recycling of reduce, and similar other techniques. Some of the key players in the global food waste management market are Suez Environment, Veolia Environment, Republic Services, Inc., Waste Management, Inc., Stericycle, Inc., and Clean Harbors, Inc.
Global Food Waste Management Market: Drivers and Restraints
Major factors influencing growth in the global food waste management market include:
- Rapid growth in the food industry is the major reason behind the growth of food waste management market. rising trend of dining out, increasing number of restaurants, hotels, quick service restaurant, and other food outlet require better and advance food waste management techniques. Moreover, increasing food wastage mainly in food supply chain since the last decade, due to this several systems are installed including aerobic and anaerobic digestion processes for recycling food waste.
- Increasing population, high environmental awareness, and rapid industrialization has further boosted the demand for food waste management solutions. moreover, increasing consciousness among people to reduce food wastage is another major factor driving demand in the global food waste management market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Food Waste Management Market here
Global Food Waste Management Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, Europe and North America are the leading market for food waste management solution. Increasing government initiatives to reduce food wastage is one of the major factor behind their growth. Moreover, high investments in advanced disposable techniques for generating useful products such as fertilizers and biogas have also strengthen their position in the global market. On the other hand, Asia Pacific is also expected to contribute substantially in the food waste management market in the coming years, due to increasing wastage during transit.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.