Global Food Tracking Solutions Market - Introduction
- Food tracking solutions pertain to the tracking as well as monitoring of food items that are in transit. Technologies deployed in this procedure track the exact location of the food in transit, thus preventing mixing of discarded or contaminated food products with the consumable food products.
- Many technologies are available in the food tracking solutions market with varied applications, to enable effective and quick action if something goes wrong or out of control; these technologies help to segregate the contaminated food from reaching the end-users.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasing demand for RFID technology across food retail stores worldwide: Prominent driving factor of the food tracking solutions market
- The entire retail industry has augmented significantly over the past few years. The retail industry is highly competitive in North America and Eastern Europe due to technological advancements. Food retail stores are deploying several technological strategies and tools to enhance their operation activity.
- With the rise in competition, food retailers are determined to differentiate themselves from their competitors to expand and enhance their operations efficiently. Hence, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) plays an important role in the retail industry in a more connected environment. RFID facilitates food retail stores to identify, transact, engage, locate, and validate assets and personnel. RFID technology is beneficial as it can easily track information and multifaceted parameters such as air pressure, temperature, and humidity. RFID helps food enterprises to obtain data with least chances of error. RFID can be easily attached and tracked on any food item in retail stores. Different types of information such as cost, store ID, and location can be embedded on RFID chips.
- Therefore, increasing demand for RFID technology across food retail stores worldwide is significantly enhancing the growth of the food tracking solutions market.
Unauthorized access of tracking technologies expected to significantly hamper the food tracking solutions market
- Information related to food items is stored in RFID systems, barcode detectors, and other tracking technologies. RFID systems, barcode detectors, and other tracking technologies are vulnerable to electronic attacks. Additionally, major security threats are faced by RFID systems and barcode detectors that include unauthorized access which can easily compromise the data or content. Therefore, unauthorized access of tracking technologies is expected to significantly hamper the food tracking solutions market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to hold major share of the global food tracking solutions market
- In terms of region, the global food tracking solutions market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global food tracking solutions market during the forecast period due to increasing government initiatives toward food safety, indicating potential growth of the food tracking solutions market in this region. Europe is estimated to be the second largest market for food tracking solutions from 2019 to 2027. Certifications & standardizations along with a strict legislative framework for food safety is likely to drive the food tracking solutions market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly expanding region of the global food tracking solutions market during the forecast period due to increasing adoption of various technological advancements regarding food tracking, which is expected to increase the adoption of food tracking solutions in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Food Tracking Solutions Market
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Blue Link Associates Limited.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
- Cognex Corporation
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Intertek Group plc
- MASS Group.
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- NexTec Group
- SGS SA
- Zebra Technologies Corporation
Global Food Tracking Solutions Market: Research Scope
Global Food Tracking Solutions Market, by Component
- Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) Tags
- RFID Scanner
- Barcode Detectors
- Thermal Printers
- Infrared Sensors
- Others (Biometrics, Scanners)
- Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) Tags
Global Food Tracking Solutions Market, by End-user
- Food Manufacturers
- Warehouse/Pack Farms
- Food Retailers
- Other (Government Departments)
Global Food Tracking Solutions Market, by Application
- Fresh Food
- Meat and Poultry
- Spices and Condiments
Global Food Tracking Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.