Market Outlook of Food Grade Antifoam:
In food and beverage industry, foam serves as a stabilizing and a gelling agent. Foam is present in many forms such as mousse, whipped cream and others. In foam, proteins are the most active ingredients present which helps in the formation of it and are also responsible for its stable nature. In order to produce foam, a foaming agent is added to the food. There are certain disadvantages of foaming in the food and beverage industry such as shorter shelf life of the food, inhibiting the food manufacturing process and others. In order to overcome the problem faced due to the formation of foam, the food manufacturers started using the food grade antifoam. Food grade antifoam are used in many food and beverage industries in order to prevent the formation of foam. The foam cause defects on the surface of the food while processing it, which will be avoided by the usage of food grade antifoam. While filling the food products or beverages in containers, foam occupies most of the container containing product. In order to counter this problem, food manufacturers started the usage of food grade antifoam. There are various chemical formulas to prepare food grade antifoam in order to prevent the formation of foam.
Growing demand for Food Ingredients has led to growth of Food Grade Antifoam:
Food grade antifoam helps in speeding the process of manufacturing any food and beverage products. There are different types of food grade antifoam present in the market such as powder food grade antifoam, oil based food grade antifoam, silicon based food grade antifoam, water based food grade antifoam and alkyl based food grade antifoam. Each food grade antifoam possess different properties. Oil based food grade anti foam helps preventing the surface foam that is formed while preparing any food product. Powder based food grade antifoam has a silica which can be used in the powder foods. Water based food grade antifoam has certain oils and fatty acids which prevents the foam formation in the beverages. Silicone based food grade antifoam are used in the oils in order to prevent the formation of foam. Alkyl based food grade antifoam is used in distilleries. These are the properties of the food grade antifoam, which helps increase the process speed. The market for the food grade antifoam is expected to grow, as the food manufacturers have incorporated the usage of food grade antifoam.
Global Food Grade Antifoam Market: Market Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global food grade antifoam market has been segmented as:
- Powder Food Grade Antifoam
- Oil Based Food Grade Antifoam
- Silicon Based Food Grade Antifoam
- Water Based Food Grade Antifoam
- Alkyl Based Food Grade Antifoam
On the basis of end use, the global food grade antifoam market has been segmented as:
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers
- Infant Food
- Dairy Products
On the basis of region, the global food grade antifoam market has been segmented as
- North America
- Latin America
Global Food Grade Antifoam Market: Market Participants
Some of the market participants operating in the global food grade antifoam market identified across the value chain include Dow Consumer Solutions, Penta Manufacturing Company, Lonza Consumer Product Ingredients, AB Specialty Silicones, Applied Material Solutions, Inc., Chardon Labs, Seacole, Tri-Chem Industries, Emerald Performance Materials among other food grade antifoam market participants.
Key Developments in the Food Grade Antifoam Market:
In June 2018, AB Specialty Silicones expanded and renovated its Research and Development facilities. This development has increased the company’s technical capabilities for efficient product analysis which will enhance the technical service, performance testing and product development.
In July 2018, Lonza Consumer Product Ingredients expanded its exclusive third-party distributor relationship with Azelis Americas to include the sale of hygiene and preservation products into Arizona, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Opportunities for Market Participants in Food Grade Antifoam:
The possibility for the growth of food grade antifoam in the market is high. Considering the benefits of food grade antifoam in the food processing industry it is estimated to have a high potential for the food grade antifoam market.
Brief Approach to Research
The company will follow a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.