Food dryers are devices that remove moisture from food to improve its shelf life. It operates by using heating element, air vents, fan, and food trays within the device. Food dryers increase the shelf life of the food by preventing the growth of microbes such as yeast, bacteria, and mold by the removal of water. A food dryer utilizes the source of heat and flow of air to reduce the moisture content of the food. It helps to preserve the natural nutrients as it simply eliminates the moisture from food, thus maintaining healthy vitamins and enzymes. These days, food technologists across the globe are recommending dried food due to its multiple advantages such as minimum packaging, storage, and transportation costs. This is expected to increase the demand for food dryers in the coming years.
In addition, food preserving devices are found to be attractive to end-users owing to the preference for homemade food rather than packaged dried food. Also, consumers who earlier preferred processed dried food containing chemical preservatives are now opting for dry foods. The availability of technologically advanced products with temperature and timer controller is expected to gain popularity among users for use in food preparation.
Food Dryer Market- Competitive Landscape
Participation of several international and domestic players, both in developed and emerging countries is expected to lead to more intense competition in the near future. Additionally, food dryers with advanced technology and innovative design are gaining popularity among end-users.
- Key competitors across the globe are promoting the sale of food dryers through multiple online channels.
- Major players in the food dryer market are focusing on improving the design of products by newer drying technologies that offer key advantages to improve food quality and meet the expectation of consumers.
- Emerging players in the market are emphasizing on collaboration with small scale food industries, commercial kitchens, and retail outlets to enhance the sale of the product and improve its profitability.
The Buhler Holding AG
The Buhler Holding AG, founded in 1860, is involved in the business of engineering and distribution of industrial process technologies and solutions. The company operates its business in two segments: grains & food, and advanced materials. The company emphasizes on manufacturing advanced materials, contributing to food security and high energy efficiency.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.
Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. is engaged in the manufacturing and distribution of home appliances and commercial restaurant equipment. The company supplies its products in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and other countries. It is majorly involved in designing devices such as dryers, mixers, blenders, toasters, clothes iron, slow cookers, and air purifiers. Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. emphasizes on designing innovative products with advanced technologies.
Key players in the market include GEA Group AG, The Buhler Holding AG, Guangdong IKE Industrial co., Ltd., Mechatech Systems Ltd, Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc., Heinzen Manufacturing International, Boda Microwave, Carrier Vibrating Equipment, Inc.,and Tetra Laval Group.
Food Dryer Market Dynamics
Growth in Food Processing Sector Driving Demand for Food Dryers
Growing demand for dried food across the globe is the key driving force in the food dryer market. Moreover, minimal weight of dried products, ease of packaging, increasing shelf life of food, and ease of operation are some of the benefits of food dryers that are influencing the adoption of the product.
Food dryers are finding wide application in the food processing sector for drying of food such as chips, dried spices & condiments, dried fruits & nuts, meat products, and dried seafood. Moreover, in recent years, food dryers are also extensively used in the industrial sector to process a wide range of by-products as well as manufacturing of final products.
Focus on Innovative Techniques and Online Sales Channels to Penetrate the Food Dryer Market
Manufacturers in the food dryer market are increasingly investing in research and development activities to discover new and innovative techniques to develop food dryers. Manufacturers are also focusing on offering highly efficient and reliable food dryers to provide the desired quality of the final product with minimal power consumption and time for dried food preparation. In addition, manufacturers are also trying to popularize the product through a wide range of e-commerce channels and company owned websites to meet the requirements of end-users.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Food Dryer Market Segmentation
Based on product type, the food dryer market is segmented into
- Conduction Type
- Convection Type
- Radiation Type
Based on application, the food dryer market is segmented into
- Nuts, Fruits & Vegetables
- Fish & Seafood
- Meat & Meat Products
- Herbs & Spices
Based on end-user, the food dryer market is segmented into
In terms of distribution channel, the food dryer market is segmented into
- Online channel
- Offline channel
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.