Global Foldable Display Market: Introduction
The global foldable display market is characterized by its constantly changing dynamics. The advancement in technologies and product upgradation have been supporting the market over the last few years and are expected to continue doing so in the near future.
This research report presents a thorough evaluation of the global foldable display market with the help of quantitative and qualitative assessment techniques. It has assessed the market’s performance over the period from 2018 to 2026 on the basis of the prominent trends and market dynamics. It also offers precise analyses of the main segments and each of the regional foldable display markets across the world.
Global Foldable Display Market: Notable Developments
- BOE recently announced its plan to roll out a new manufacturing facility for fourth-gen OLED in Fujian. With this new facility, the production capacity for flexible OLED of BOE will increase to around 192,000 units per month.
- At CES 2019, Samsung introduced its new foldable smartphone, which has a 7.3-inch bendable screen.
The business landscape in the global foldable display market consists of product developers and component suppliers, both. Samsung, Royole Corp., LG Display, BOE, Tianma, and Semiconductor Energy Laboratory are some of the key players operating in this market. The leading companies are concentrating on integrating foldable displays into their laptops and smartphones and are competing to introduce their products in the market earlier than others. Since there are only a few players present in this market, the chances for becoming the market leader is quite high. Going further, Leading manufacturers of foldable displays are likely to invest heavily in R&D. They are also expected to collaborate with component suppliers to develop state-of-art laptops and smartphones.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
Global Foldable Display Market Dynamics
Continuous transformation and upgradation in display technology utilized in tablets, smartphones, and smart devices have created a new revenue stream for foldable display manufacturers. The increased awareness among consumers regarding the latest technologies in developed economies is fueling the demand for such product. The business strategies of manufacturers providing innovative offerings is another factor that is boosting this market’s growth. However, the high cost associated with foldable display technology may create obstacles in the growth trajectory of this market in the near future. Nonetheless, advancements in OLED display technology will balance the effect of this hindrance.
Asia Pacific to Remain Market Leader
Although the foldable display market reports its presence across the world, it is Asia Pacific, which has acquired the leading position. The Asia Pacific foldable display market is witnessing a significant rise in comparison with other markets. The continuous smart device rollout events and incessant efforts by the Asian manufacturers, such as Samsung, Xiaomi, and Huawei, for technological developments are aiding this regional market. Moreover, the presence of various leading display manufacturers in Asia Pacific has opened a window of new opportunities.
Going forward, the increasing penetration of manufacturing companies in Asia Pacific, owing to low operational costs and the availability of raw materials and components at low rates, will boost this market in the years to come.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.