Foam tapes are used to seal the bonds between various industrial devices to avoid leakage. Based on their exceptional quality of the result such as dampening, cushioning, and gasketing, they are extensively used in the several industries. These tapes also provide impeccable protection against ultraviolet rays, solvents and moisture resulting in better life of the products. As a result of these benefits and advantages, the foam tapes find their extensive application in industrial domain. These applications are the major reason that are responsible for the growth of global foam tapes market these days. Moreover, these tapes are capable enough to sustain high temperature and pressure. This is yet another advantage that is propelling the growth of global foam tapes market in present time.
Trends that are driving the Growth of Global Foam Tapes Market:
- The market of the foam tapes is majorly driven consolidated use of the foam tapes in sectors such as construction, automobiles, electronics and printing. Moreover, since these tapes are eco-friendly, they pose less danger to the environment as compared to conventional adhesives. Therefore, with the rising awareness of the environmental impact of several adhesives, the global foam tapes market is experiencing a major boost these days.
- Though, high prices and low availability of raw materials may hamper the growth of the global foam tapes market, growing focus on research and development to develop new and effective foam tapes shall keep momentum of the global foam tapes market up and running.
- Currently, Asia Pacific is the said to dominate the regional front of the global foam tapes market. This is because, the region is undergoing a major industrialization these days and various new businesses are setting their facility in India and China. These facilities require their products to last longer and deliver the utmost quality. Hence they are calling for the application foam tapes. This as a result help Asia Pacific to dominate the regional front of the global foam tapes market.
Foam tapes cater to the sealing and bonding needs of various industries, owing to their excellent dampening, cushioning and gasketing properties. Foam tapes also offer resistance from ultraviolet rays, solvents, and moisture. These tapes are commercially available in different sizes and thicknesses. They can sustain in temperatures ranging from −400°F to 300°F. Open-cell foam, closed-cell foam, and solid rubber foam are different categories of foam tapes. Foam tapes are suitable for use in automotive applications, electronic components, sun roofs, trunks/hatches, and HVAC applications. These are also employed in the fabrication of windows.
Foam Tapes Market: Overview
The foam tapes market is driven by augmented use of foam tapes in industries such as automotive, construction, electronics, and paper & printing. Moreover, growing awareness about eco-friendly products and rising damage caused to the environment with the use of conventional tapes are other factors driving the foam tapes market. However, volatile prices of raw materials are likely to hamper the foam tapes market during the forecast period. Nevertheless, growing research and development activities for the advancement in properties of foam tapes are expected to offer growth opportunities to the market in the next few years.
Based on resin type, the foam tapes market has been segmented into acrylic, rubber, and silicone. The silicone segment dominates the market, owing to the adhesive property of silicone-based foam tapes at high temperatures. Based on technology, the foam tapes market has been segmented into solvent-based, water-based, and hot-melt-based. The hot-melt-based segment is projected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period, as hot-melt-based foam tapes offer higher strength and quicker adhesion compared to solvent-based and water-based foam tapes. Based on type, foam tape market has been bifurcated as PE-backed, PU-backed, and acrylic-backed..
Foam Tapes Market: Trends & Developments
Leading manufacturers of foam tapes as well as research institutions are making significant investments in the development of eco-friendly foam tapes, as conventional tapes create an adverse effect on the environment.
Based on end-user industry, the foam tapes market can be segregated into automotive, building & construction, electrical & electronics, and paper & printing. The paper & printing segment is projected to register the highest growth rate, as foam tapes are largely used in functioning of paper machines. The automotive segment is estimated to generate the maximum revenues during the forecast period, owing to high production of automobiles worldwide.
Foam Tapes Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific is estimated to be a prominent and rapidly expanding market for foam tapes during the forecast period. Increasing use of foam tapes in automotive, electronics, building & construction, and paper & printing industries in Asia Pacific is expected to present growth opportunities to the market in the region during the forecast period. China dominates the foam tapes market in Asia Pacific, owing to higher automotive production, lower tax rates, and lower labor costs compared to other countries of the region.
Foam Tapes Market: Key Players
Key manufacturers operating in the global foam tapes market are 3M Company, Tesa SE, Halco, Nitto Denko Corporation, Lintec Corporation, 3F, Scapa Group PLC, Avery Dennison Corporation, and Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.