The fluoroelastomer market is estimated to gain good growth prospects across the forecast period of 2017-2025. The expansive utilization of fluoroelastomers in automotive industry, chemicals industry, manufacturing, and the aerospace industry will bring profitable growth for the fluoroelastomer market during the tenure of 2017-2025.
- Excellent heat stability due to the absence of saturation, good oil resistance, and high fluorine to hydrogen ration makes fluoroelastomer one of the preferred choices among a considerable chunk of the populace. These factors bode well for the growth of the fluoroelastomer market. Furthermore, enhanced base resistance, outstanding low-temperature performance, and exceptional heat resistance brings exponential growth for the fluoroelastomer market.
- Research and development activities play a vital role in the growth of the fluoroelastomer market. The players indulge in these activities for increasing their focus on new formulations and discoveries. The activities help in boosting the revenues of the players in the fluoroelastomer market, ultimately contributing to the growth.
- Strategic collaborations are important for the overall growth of the fluoroelastomer market. The players are involved in mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures on a frequent basis. The players increase their foothold across the fluoroelastomer market through these collaborations, eventually sowing the seeds of growth.
Global Fluoroelatomer Market: Overview
Fluoroelatomer can be defined as fluorine-containing polymers which are known for their exceptional resistance to heat, weathering, and a wide assortment of fluids and chemicals, as well as for their exceptional sealing and mechanical properties. The fluoroelastomers are produced under the temperature range of -26°C to 205–230°C, whereas for the short working periods they can even be produced under temperatures. Some perfluorocarbon elastomer types can resist temperatures up to 327°C.The fluroelastomer has a wide chemical resistance and superior properties. It is usually used for high temperature applications of automotive, aerospace, oil and gas etc. Fluroelastomer is also called as fluorocarbon elastomer which has outstanding resistance properties to oxygen, ozone and heat. Fluoroelastomers have a high density and are swollen by ketones and ethers. Also, their low chemical reactivity helps in interlinking of the polymer chains which is necessary for the production of a rubbery material. Fluoroelastomers were developed in 1940’s and since then used as material of choice for use in aerospace and industrial equipment applications.
Based on type, the global fluoroelastomer market can be classified into fluorocarbon elastomers, fluorosilicone elastomers, Perfluoroelastomers. Fluorocarbon elastomers are known for its exceptional resistance properties towards heat, weathering, wide variety of fluids and chemicals. They are also known for its excellent sealing and mechanical properties. This elastomers are widely used in the applications which needs high temperature range and where chemical attack is encountered. As compared to other fluoroelastomers, fluorocarbon elastomers are expensive and has relatively different technology of compounding and curing. This fluorocarbon elastomers has high solvent resistance and has low resilience. Whereas fluorosilicone elastomers are inherently UV and ozone resistant and have a combination of fluorocarbon and silicone characteristics. They resist solvents, fuels, and oil similarly to fluorocarbons and have high- and low-temperature stability (usable up to 177°C and at temperatures as low as -73°C) similar to silicones. As compared to other elastomers fluorosilicone elastomers lack toughness and resistance in abrasion. Fluorosilicone elastomers are mostly used in aerospace fuel systems and in automotive industry to control fuel emissions. Fluorosilicone elastomers are also known as fluorovinylmethyl silicone rubber. Perfluoroelastomers can be defined as specialty high-performance elastomer along with exceptional chemical resistance properties and high-temperature stability. This fluoroelastomers are widely used in application such as paint and coating operations, oil and gas recovery, semiconductor manufacture, and in the pharmaceutical, chemical process, and aircraft and aerospace industries.
Based on application, the global fluoroelastomer market can be classified into automotive, aerospace, oil & gas, energy & power, semiconductors, pharmaceutical and food processing industries and others. Due to its superior sealing and mechanical properties the fluoroelastomer market has witnessed the rise in demand in automobile industry. Superior electrical insulation properties, favorable mechanical properties including resistance to extreme temperature and degradation has led to the usage of fluoroelastomer in aerospace industry.
Based on geography, the global fluoroelastomer market can be classified into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is the major market for fluoroelastomers, led by the increasing in demand for the application such as automotive, pharmaceutical and food processing. High capital investments in fluoroelastomer market from the emerging economies like China, India, Japan etc. is also expected to boost the demand of fluoroelastomers in the region.
Major players operating in the global tire derived market are DuPont, 3M company, Honeywell International Inc., Asahi Glass company Ltd., Daikin Industries, Garlock, Lauren Manufacturing, Vanguard Products Corp. and others. These companies hold a significant share of the market. Thus, the fluoroelastomers market experiences intense competition.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.