Fluorinated Solvents Market: Overview
Fluorinated solvents are an excellent choice to minimize the impact on the environment and safeguard health without compromising profitability or performance. Some solvents, such as chlorofluorocarbons, are no longer available for routine industrial usage owing to their negative impact on human health and the environment, while fluorinated solvents are widely utilized. Fluorinated solvents are a direct replacement for chlorinated and brominated solvents. These solvents are a new generation of solvents that help reduce ozone depletion and offer low global warming potential. Additionally, these low-odor, nonflammable chemicals have very low toxicity and contribute to a safer workplace environment. This leads to less government regulation and lower compliance costs.
Another advantage resulting from the stability of these industrial solvents is their broad compatibility with a wide variety of materials. Fluorinated solvents can be utilized safely with most plastics, elastomers, metals, and substrates. Fluorinated solvents cleaning action is highly efficient, they evaporate quickly and leave very little residue. Fluorinated solvents are employed in a wide range of the applications, as they pose a lower threat to the environment, and are excellent substitutes for ozone-depleting chemicals.
Fluorinated Solvents Market: Key Applications
Fluorinated solvents are excellent alternatives for highly hazardous chemicals in diverse industrial applications in various industries. Some of these include cleaning of high-precision plastic and electronic components such as reflector glasses for laser printers, audio and video heads, and lenses. They act as a solvent carrier for silicone oils, hard disk lubricants, fluorinated greases, and anti-rust agents. Moreover, fluorinated solvents help defluxing of printed circuit boards, act as a drying element in aqueous system or as part of hydrocarbon cleaning process, refrigeration coolant and carrier solvent. Additionally, fluorinated solvents are also used in precision cleaning of molded resin (components for copiers, cellular phones, camera parts, etc.), dewatering of optical components, and precision cleaning of delicate substrates.
Fluorinated solvents offer numerous other advantages such as zero ozone depletion potential, low global warming potential, non-explosive, nonflammable, high rate of evaporation, high solvency, low surface tension, low boiling point, and minimal residue. Fluorinated solvents are utilized in vapor degreasing. In most cases, fluorinated solvents can be used as a direct, drop-in replacement in existing vapor degreasing equipment. This eliminates the need for expensive retraining or equipment conversion and/or replacement. Fluorinated solvents also provide excellent cleaning performance even for the most exacting precision applications owing to their high solvency strength, low nonvolatile residue, and low surface tension.
AGC Chemicals Americas has introduced AMOLEA AT2, a new fluorinated precision cleaning solvent. This new solvent has excellent solvency with a wide variety of press oils, cutting oils, silicone oils, refrigerant oils, greases, asphalt pitches, and fluxes that are utilized in the electronics industry.
Key factors that drive the fluorinated solvents market include their performance and minimal effect on the environment, as they are responsible for ozone depletion, unlike other chemicals. The price of these solvents is higher than the others that are used as substitute solvents, which in turn is likely to hamper the fluorinated solvents market in the near future.
Fluorinated Solvents Market: Regional Outlook
Based on geography, the global fluorinated solvents market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. In terms of market volume and revenue, the fluorinated solvents market in North America is projected to expand due to the expected expansion of industries such as automotive, electronics, and semi-conductors in the region. The fluorinated solvents market in Europe and Asia Pacific is also anticipated to witness significant expansion owing to the expansion of the electronics industry in these regions.
Fluorinated Solvents Market: Key Players
Key manufacturers operating in the global fluorinated solvents market include Japan Pail Corporation, Enviro Tech International, Inc., and AGC Chemicals Americas.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.