Fluid Loss Control Additives Market: Introduction
- Fluid loss control additives are used to reduce the loss of fluid and maintain the liquid/solid ratio in cement slurry in order to retain the properties of slurries such as viscosity, density, and thickening time. Furthermore, reduction in water loss from the cement slurry helps control gas leakage through uncemented channels.
- These additives are useful to reduce the loss of filtrate during fluid drilling process. Loss of fluid may damage the permeability; fluid loss control additives are used to prevent such damages.
- Fluid loss control additives also help reduce energy intake by controlling circulating pressure and viscosity during drilling operations
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Fluid Loss Control Additives Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Unconventional Drilling Activities to Drive Fluid Loss Control Additives Market
- Increase in crude oil production and rise in exploration of shale gas are key driving factors for the global fluid loss control additives market
- Increase in research & development activities to find alternative, unconventional resources for fuels such as coal bed methane and shale gas boosts drilling activities across the world. Sophisticated and unconventional technologies such as hydraulic and horizontal drilling process are incorporated during exploration of shale gas. Drilling fluids are key additives used to improve the drilling efficiency and carry out the process smoothly.
- Crude oil and shale gas exploration activities are expected to increase in the near future to fulfil increase in demand for fuel. Petroleum industry is looking for non-hazardous viscosity reducers and fluid loss control additives. These factors are expected to boost the demand for fluid loss control additives.
- Rise in demand for fluid loss control additives used in cement slurry to reduce the loss of water during cementing process is anticipated to boost the global fluid loss control additives market
- Increase in environmental awareness and international regulations leads to rise in demand for environment friendly fluid loss control additives during the forecast period. These additives are used to prevent environmental damage as well as reduce destruction of aquatic bodies.
Modified Natural Additives to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, the global fluid loss control additives market can be segmented into modified natural additives, natural additives, synthetic additives, and others
- The modified natural additives segment is expected to hold major market share during the forecast period. Modified natural additives are sourced from natural materials and are synthetically modified to improve its performance and characteristics. Demand for these additives is attributed to properties offered by synthetically modified additives such as extraordinary performance during high pressure and temperature. Moreover, synthetically modified natural additives contain natural materials such as natural starch and celluloses which are environment friendly and cause less damage to the marine ecosystem.
- The natural additives segment is anticipated to account for significant share of the market, followed by synthetic additives
Water Soluble Additives Segment to Drive Global Fluid Loss Control Additives Market
- Based on additive type, the global fluid loss control additives market can be segmented into water soluble additives and water insoluble additives
- The water soluble additives segment is anticipated to hold major market share during the forecast period. These additives are preferred due to their compliance with various environmental regulations and applications in oil and gas drilling.
Significant Opportunities in Drilling Fluid Application Segment
- Based on application, the global fluid loss control additives market can be segmented into drilling fluid and cement slurry.
- The drilling fluid segment is anticipated to hold major share of the global fluid loss control additives market
- Fluid loss control additives are utilized to reduce filtrate loss during drilling process. Increase in need for drilling fluid can be attributed to rise in crude oil drilling due to surge in demand for crude oil. Furthermore, emergence of unconventional drilling activities such as horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing for extraction of oil and gas are driving the demand for fluid loss control additives.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Fluid Loss Control Additives Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Fluid Loss Control Additives Market
- In terms of region, the global fluid loss control additives market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to account for prominent share of the global fluid loss control additives market in the near future, owing to rise in investment in unconventional drilling technologies in the region. Furthermore, increase in shale gas exploration and crude oil production in the U.S. is driving the global fluid loss control additives market.
- Middle East & Africa holds significant share in the global fluid loss control additives market, followed by Asia Pacific
Key Players in Market
The global fluid loss control additives market is highly fragmented, with several regional and global players. Prominent players operating in the global fluid loss control additives market seek to enter into partnerships for development of fluid loss control additives.
Key players operating in the fluid loss control additives market include:
- Schlumberger Limited
- BASF SE
- Newpark Resources Inc.
- Kemira OYJ
- Global Drilling Fluids and Chemicals Limited
- Tytan Organics Pvt. Ltd.
- OMNOVA Solutions Inc.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Omnova Solutions
- Aubin Group
- Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
Global Fluid Loss Control Additives Market: Research Scope
Global Fluid Loss Control Additives Market, By Type
- Modified Natural Additives
- Synthetic Additives
- Natural Additives
Global Fluid Loss Control Additives Market, By Additive Type
- Water soluble Additives
- Water insoluble Additives
Global Fluid Loss Control Additives Market, By Application
- Drilling Fluid
- Cement Slurry
Global Fluid Loss Control Additives Market, By Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.