Fluid Loss Additives Market: Overview
The water content of slurries substantially affects their design characteristics. As such, slurries that suffer the loss of water can also be subjected to degradation or loss of design properties of slurries. Fluid loss can be induced due to any of the following conditions:
- Water is withdrawn from the slurry into a permeable formation, particularly when pumping has stopped and the slurry is static in nature though not set yet
- Squeezing or displacing water from the slurry as it makes its way through constrictions, such as tight clearance between the annulus and casing
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Fluid Loss Additives Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Fluid loss additives assist operators to hold back the vital properties of their cement slurries, comprising density, thickening time, viscosity, and compressive strength development.
Transparency Market Research has come up with a report on Global Fluid Loss Additives Market. Transparency Market Research provides a valuable understanding of emerging as well as existing market restraints, opportunities, drivers, and trends. All these data are forecasted to be advantageous for any business connected with the global fluid loss market in the coming years.
Fluid Loss Additives Market: Notable Developments
US-based Schlumberger Limited (US) has a global presence and operates in around 85 countries with 125 engineering and research facilities across the globe. It offers a wide variety of products that can be utilized in applications such as oil & gas processing and drilling production. Schlumberger Limited is highly focused on innovation and research. For example, in the year 2017, the company invested around USD 800 mn in research and engineering of oilfield activities.
BASF SE recently has started the sale process for its construction chemical wing. It is expected that the sell-off could fetch around USD 3 bn.
The prominent market players mentioned in the report of global fluid loss additives market comprise names such as Global Drilling Fluid and Chemicals Limited, Schlumberger Limited, Newpark Resources Inc., Halliburton, and BASF SE.
Fluid Loss Additives Market: Key Trends
The global fluid loss additives market is evolving at a rapid pace and is estimated to witness introduction of many innovative products. The major trends are as follows:
Fluid Loss Additives Market to Gain Traction from Increased Exploration Activities
Rising exploration of shale gas and production of crude oil are the primary factors that are fueling the growth of the global fluid loss additives market. Evolution and development of technology have allowed extensive exploration activities to be carried out for non-oil sources, such as coal bed methane, shale gas, and various unconventional resources. These exploration and production activities need advanced technologies such as multi-stage hydraulic fracturing of horizontal wells. These tasks are accomplished with the assistance of different formulated drilling fluids that help in the maintenance of pump pressure, wellbore stable, avoid corrosion and friction and eliminate & transport cuttings.
The segment of drilling fluid is anticipated to offer the optimum usage of fluid loss additives over the forecast timeframe.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Fluid Loss Additives Market here
Fluid Loss Additives Market: Geographical Analysis
Global fluid loss additives market analyzes across the regions of North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. In terms of value, North America is estimated to account for the largest market share in global fluid loss additives market over the period of forecast.
US is one of the largest producers of crude oil has made huge investments in the latest and unconventional drilling technologies. Methods such as hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling have been used extensively and these technologies require the usage of fluid loss additives. As such, US plays an important in driving fluid loss additives market here.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.