The global increase in offshore expenditure, dynamic oil prices and ultra deep water exploration & production of crude oil and natural gas are the major drivers for the floating rigs market. High capital investments and time associated with manufacturing of rigs are the major constraints of the floating rigs market. Complex deep water developments and ever increasing demand for oil and gas brings new opportunities for the investors to invest in the floating rigs market.
The market for the floating rigs is segmented on the basis of technology and depth of drilling. Compliant tower platforms consist of flexible and narrow towers and a stack foundation supporting the deck for drilling and other operations. This type of rig is used in at a depth ranging from 400-900 meters. Semi submersible rigs have legs of adequate buoyancy to support the structure to float. Semi submersible rigs can move from one place to another and can be raised or lowered by altering the volume of buoyancy tanks. The drilling depths for these rigs are 200-1800 meters. Jack up platforms can be jacked up above the sea level. These types of rigs are usually used in low depths and can be moved from one place to another and can anchor themselves by their jack legs. Floating production rigs are large rigs equipped with various processing facilities and can do drilling in a particular location for a longer period of time. Main types of floating production systems are FSU (floating storage unit), FPSO (floating production storage and offloading system) and FSO (floating storage and offloading system). Tension leg platform rigs are used for drilling in water depth ranging up to 1500 meters and are tied to the sea bed in a manner to eliminate vertical movement of the rig.
The central and western Gulf of Mexico including Alabama, Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi are major offshore producing areas in the United States. According to BAKER HUGHES in Asia Pacific region 119 offshore rigs are installed presently, 36 in the Indian zone followed by 22 in China. In Europe region 53 offshore rigs are extracting crude oil from the sea beds. In the Middle East region 46 rigs are installed and among them 16 in Saudi Arabia. In Latin America 66 rigs are installed currently, 29 in Mexico and 27 in Brazil. For new investors Asia Pacific and Latin America region are expected to emerge as new developing markets for the floating rigs.
Some of the key players in the floating rigs market are Transocean Limited, Noble Corporation, RIGZONE, Hyundai Heavy Industries Corporation Ltd., Technip S.A and Keppel Offshore & Marine among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.