Flexible Polymer Foam Market: Low Density Foam
- Flexible polymer foams have low density and are permeable to air. These foams are soft and provide more comfort. Thus, they are widely used in furniture and beddings.
- Flexible polymer foams possess low weight and high strength-to-weight properties. Moreover, flexible polymer foams offer superior thermal & acoustic insulation and energy absorptivity. Increase in the number of reconstruction of building activities is expected to fuel the flexible polymer foams market.
- Flexible polymer foams are extensively used in home furnishings, such as furniture, bedding, and carpet underlay. These foams are durable and offer comfort when used as a cushioning material for upholstered furniture.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Flexible Polymer Foam Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Flexible Polymer Foam Market
- According to the Confederation of International Contractors’ Association, the global construction industry has a turnover of US$ 7 Trn. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration 2014, buildings accounted for approximately 35%-40% of the total energy consumed in developing nation. Rise in initiatives such as construction of sustainable buildings is likely to drive the demand for energy efficient construction materials across the globe. Various countries across the globe are striving to enhance residential and public infrastructures. This is expected to boost the demand for flexible polymer foams.
- Properties of flexible polymer foams, such as lightweight, superior insulation and flexibility, and low heat or sound transfer called as optimal insulators are projected to increase its demand for building and construction activities. Increase in legislations and building standards to reduce heat loss is anticipated to propel the demand for polymeric foams during the forecast period.
Polyurethane Type Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of volume and value, polyurethane is projected to be a rapidly growing type segment of the global flexible polymer foam market during the forecast period
- Polyurethane is a polymerized product of organic isocyanates and hydroxyl group of polyol or diol. Most of polyurethane is used in the production of flexible polymer foams. These are extensively used in diverse industries, such as building & construction, automotive, and packaging, owing to their various properties, including lightweight, durability, and versatility.
- Flexible polyurethane foams are extensively used due to their low density, thermal conductivity, and good mechanical strength, which makes them a preferred choice. Additionally, the technology employed for the manufacturing of flexible polyurethane foams is well-established. Thus, these foams are superior than others.
Volatile Raw Material Prices Likely to Hamper Global Flexible Polymer Foam Market
- Raw materials, such as polyurethane, polystyrene, polypropylene, and polyvinyl chloride are used to manufacture flexible polymer foams. These petrochemical derivatives are subject to fluctuation in prices and supply of crude oil. Constant variation in prices of crude oil affects the manufacturing of flexible polymer foams, as changes in prices escalate the production cost of these foams. Furthermore, manufacturers do not increase the prices of their products to stay competitive in the market. This is expected to adversely affect the operating profit of manufacturers of flexible polymer foams.
- Fluctuation in prices of crude oil significantly affects exploration activities. This, in turn, hampers the prices of flexible polymer foams. Natural gas or crude oil is largely used as feedstock for these foams. This renders the flexible polymer foam market susceptible to fluctuations in prices of oil & gas.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Flexible Polymer Foam Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Flexible Polymer Foam Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global flexible polymer foams market in 2018. This market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to maintain its attractiveness during the forecast period, owing to the increase in population and rise in urbanization in developing countries of the region. This population rise is fueling the demand for housing facilities, especially in China and India, thus driving the demand for flexible polymer foams.
- Rise in FDI investments in automotive and construction industries in developing economies of the Asia Pacific region is another factor fueling market growth in the region
- The flexible polymer foams market in Europe is projected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, due to the increase in the governmental spending on infrastructure development and advancements in the production of automotive vehicles. These factors are projected to offer lucrative opportunities in the flexible polymer foams market.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are less attractive regions for flexible polymer foams. Presence of small number of producers, dependency on imports, and high manufacturing costs are limiting the sale of flexible polymer foams in these regions.
Key Players in Global Flexible Polymer Foam Market:
Key players operating in the global flexible polymer foam market include:
- BASF SE
- Covestro AG
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Recticel NV
- Rogers Corporation
- Zotefoams PLC
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Total S.A.
- Kaneka Corporation
Global Flexible Polymer Foam Market: Research Scope
Global Flexible Polymer Foam Market, by Type
- Polyvinyl Chloride
Global Flexible Polymer Foam Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Automotive Safety
Global Flexible Polymer Foam Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.