Flexible Pipe Market: Introduction
- Flexible pipe consists of several layers. Its main parts are leak proof thermoplastic barriers and corrosion resistant steel wires, which provide flexibility and superior dynamic behavior to the structure.
- Flexible pipes are used to transfer liquids and fluids such as crude oil. They can operate under high temperature and pressure conditions. Flexible pipes are manufactured using different materials such as HDPE (High Density Polyethylene), PVDF (Polyvinylidene Fluoride), PA (Polyamide), and PP (Polypropylene). HDPE tubing is less flexible vis-à-vis LDPE, but has better chemical and physical properties.
Key Drivers of Flexible Pipe Market
- Flexible pipe is used in offshore and onshore oil and gas activities. Increase in offshore and onshore drilling activities all over the world is driving the flexible pipe market. The flexible pipe market is also driven by the rise in global demand for energy and significant growth in exploration and production activities in the oil & gas industry. Increase in number of horizontal wells across the globe is also estimated to be a key driver of the flexible pipe market. Flexible pipes are used in horizontal wells. Rise in installation of horizontal wells is creating lucrative opportunities for the flexible pipe market.
- Beneficial properties of flexible pipes are boosting the market for these pipes. Flexible pipes provide exceptional durability. They are widely used in factory machinery tools, packaging, and automation applications. Polypropylene pipe and tubing is quite durable and has heat resistant properties. These properties help flexible pipes to be ideal for the transfer of gases or hot liquids or where higher pressure and temperature are expected.
Restraints of Flexible Pipe Market
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of flexible pipes is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of flexible pipes. Companies find it difficult to meet these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the flexible pipe market, thereby adversely affecting the market.
- Lack of awareness and less adoption of flexible pipes in many developed and underdeveloped countries is projected to restrain the market during the forecast period
Covid-19 impact on Flexible Pipe Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for flexible pipes in many applications. Governments of various countries across the globe have enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the disease. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown. In turn, this has led to a declining in demand for flexible pipes across the globe.
- Key players operating in the flexible pipe market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of flexible pipes.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Flexible Pipe Market
- Based on region, the market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. North America is expected to dominate the flexible pipe market in the near future. Demand for flexible pipes has increased significantly in North America due to the new oil and gas discoveries in the region.
- Middle East & Africa is also considered a key consumer of flexible pipes due to the new oil and gas discoveries in the region
- The flexible pipe market in Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific is also anticipated to expand, led by growth of the oil & gas industry and new discoveries of oil and gas reserves in these regions
Global Flexible Pipe Market: Key Players
Major players operating in the flexible pipe market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- Chevron Phillips chemical company
- Solu Force
- Solvay SA
- Evonik industries
- Deep Flex
- National Oilwell Varco
- GE Oil And Gas
- Airborne Oil & Gas
- ContiTech AG
- FlexPipe Systems
- Prysmian Group
- FlexSteel Pipeline Technologies
Global Flexible Pipe Market, by Material
Global Flexible Pipe Market, by Application
- Oil & Gas
Global Flexible Pipe Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.