Flexible Glass Market: Introduction
- The global flexible glass market has been expanding steadily since the last few years. It is anticipated to maintain the momentum in the near term as well.
- Flexible glass is an ultra-thin glass, which has the same properties of a rigid glass material. The additional properties associated with flexible glass are durability, strength, and temperature stability. Furthermore, flexible glass can exhibit the properties of plastic such as rigidity and scratch resistance. Flexible glass is widely used to increase strength, flexibility, and the shelf-life of finished products.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Flexible Glass Market
- Flexible glass helps reduce the weight of electronic gadgets. Increase in demand for high quality, handy, and attractive electronic gadgets, rise in demand for high-end gadgets such as tablets and touch-enabled notebooks, and growth in demand for consumer electronics paired with advanced display technology are driving the global flexible glass market. Flexible glass enhances the display quality of smartphones, laptops, TVs, and tablets. Thus, it is immensely used in manufacturing displays. This glass has paved the way for development of light, thin, robust, and bendable devices.
- Flexible glass provides superior surface quality with no roughness. Rise in demand for slim and scratch-resistant displays in electronics products and growth in disposable income of consumers are expected to boost the global flexible glass market.
- Flexible glass also helps in the formation of thin film solar cells due to its enormous flexibility and heat resistance property. Expansion of the photovoltaic (PV) industry, rise in demand for curved flexible solar cells, and increase in need for portable photovoltaic and building integrated PV are projected to fuel the global flexible glass market.
Flexible Glass Market: Segments
- The flexible glass market can be segmented based on application and end-user industry
- In terms of application, the market can be divided into solar panel, photovoltaic cell, display, and others
- Based on end-user industry, the market can be classified into automotive, medical, electrical & electronics, wearable devices, and others
COVID-19 Impact on Flexible Glass Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Shortage of labor due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and unavailability of raw materials are further expected to hamper the flexible glass market in the near future
North America to Dominate Flexible Glass Market
- In terms of region, the global flexible glass market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to lead the global flexible glass market in the near future, as the region is witnessing rapid industrialization
- Other prominent regions are Europe and Asia Pacific. Rise in domestic demand for tablets and cellphones is expected to boost the flexible glass market in these regions.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Flexible Glass Market
- The global flexible glass market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global flexible glass market include:
- Nippon Electric Glass Co. Ltd
- Corning Inc.
- Tokyo Electron
- Universal Display Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- LG Display Co. Ltd
- PPG Industries
Global Flexible Glass Market: Research Scope
Global Flexible Glass Market, by Application
- Solar Panel
- Photovoltaic Cell
Global Flexible Glass Market, by End-use Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
- Wearable Devices
Global Flexible Glass Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.