Endoscopy devices and accessories are one of the critical part of global healthcare system. These devices provide clinical solutions to the demands of rapidly moving world by allowing close examination of body structures and internal organs. Contrary to other medical devices like X-rays, a tube-like instrument called endoscope is inserted directly inside the organ which provides extensive details of the organs under study like GI tract, bronchi.
Since past decade, the demand for flexible endoscopes has increased remarkably, mainly because of patients’ preference for minimally invasive surgeries. Generally endoscopic procedures are low-risk procedures and are easily covered by health insurance. An important factor that drives the growth of the flexible endoscopy devices market is the rapid increase in the number of elderly people who are at risk to gastrointestinal, orthopedic and ophthalmic diseases as well as few types of cancer. According to World Health Organization (WHO) report, between 2000 and 2050, the percentage of the world's population that is aged 60 years will double from about 11% to 22%. This aging population is the prime end user of gastrointestinal endoscopy, bariatric surgeries, knee-hip implants, and colonoscopy procedures. Similar to growing number of elderly people, age-related ailments are also expected to rise simultaneously, thus stimulating the demand and consumption of flexible endoscopes devices accordingly. For example, Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report predicts that in 2013-2015 approximately 7 million people in the United States had symptoms of Gastro esophageal Reflux Disorder (GERD), Crohns disease, bowel disorder.
Other drivers for the rapid growth in flexible endoscopes devices market are increase in government healthcare spending, improved reimbursement coverage in insurances, additionally rise in awareness levels of patients with respect to minimally invasive surgeries. However, factors restraining the growth of the flexible endoscopes devices market are expensive products, fragility of the equipment and other factors like few of the products provide lower quality images than other endoscopic devices.
The global flexible endoscope device market can be segmented on the basis of product, application, end users and region. Based on product, the flexible endoscope market is categorized into fibro scope, flexible videoscope, visualization systems, consumables and accessories, other endoscopy equipment.
The flexible endoscope market can be segmented on the basis of application as laparoscopy, gastrointestinal endoscopy, arthroscopy, obstetrics/gynecological endoscopy, urology endoscopy, bronchoscopy, mediastinoscopy, otoscopy, and laryngoscopy.
The laparoscopy followed by gastrointestinal endoscopy segment is expected to account for the largest share of the flexible endoscopy equipment market in coming years. The maximum share of this segment is attributable to invasive, low risk of surgical site infection (SSI), technological advancements, and these surgeries are expected to cost less than the others.
On the basis of end users flexible endoscope market can be segmented into flexible endoscopes and related devices manufacturing companies, suppliers and distributors of endoscopy devices, healthcare service providers and diagnostic centers, teaching hospitals and academic medical centers (AMCs), independent surgeons and private offices of physicians, ambulatory surgery centers, manufacturers of consumables and accessories and other endoscopy equipment, government bodies/municipal corporations, community centers and regulatory bodies.
Geographically, the global flexible endoscope market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa). In terms of geography, North America accounted highest share of the flexible endoscopes devices market followed by Europe, and Asia. North America and Europe both are likely to witness a demand for flexible endoscopes as a result of technological advancements as well as improved reimbursement status in both the regions. Rapidly aging population, growing incidence of associated disease and increased obesity rates are some of the important factors driving the flexible endoscopes market. For example, United Nations (UN) report predicts that the number of people in the world who are obese or overweight has reached 2.1 billion, up from 875 million in 1980.
In Asian region specifically developing countries like China and India will be the focal point for growth of flexible endoscopes devices. The reasons behind it are chronically ill population, increasing number of private sector hospitals, increasing affluence, advancements in technology, and expansion to rural healthcare facilities.
Some of the major companies operating in flexible endoscopes market are Stryker Corporation, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc, Olympus Corporation, Covidien Plc, Boston Scientific, Arthrex, Inc., Smiths Group, Aesculap, Inc, Karl Storz, ConMed, Richard Wolf GmbH, Hoya Corporation, and Fujifilm Holdings Corporation.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.