Global Flexible AC Transmission Systems Market: Overview
A flexible AC transmission system or FACTS consists of static equipment. This system is utilized for the AC transmission of electrical energy. The system is designed for improving the controllability and enhance the capacity of power transfer of the network. This system is usually power-electronic based. Use of flexible AC transmission system helps in increasing the reliability of the AC grids. It also helps in cutting down the cost of delivery. Use of these systems of help in improving the quality of transmission and the overall efficacy of power transmission by providing reactive or inductive power to the grid.
Global Flexible AC Transmission Systems Market: Notable Developments
Some of the notable developments in the global flexible AC transmission systems market are given below:
- In January 2018, Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc. announced that the company has launched a 5kV Vacuum Circuit Breaker. This product is specifically designed to replace the traditional oil circuit breakers that are quickly going out of fashion.
- In July 2019, ABB Inc. announced the launch of innovative solutions that will ensure early compliance with the upcoming European guidelines and deliver more benefits. These solutions are also designed to cut down the risk in the grid network connections and supporting stable and reliable operations. The UNITROL® 1000 Series is the first global product that is completely compliant with the new European guidelines about grid systems.
- In March 2019, GE announced that its Energy Grid Solutions segment has been successful in securing the contract for modernization of Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited (RRVPL). This technology-driven project is a part of a large-scale solution designed to propel the production of renewable energy and execute grid initiatives.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Flexible AC Transmission Systems Market? Ask for the report brochure here.
Global Flexible AC Transmission Systems Market: Drivers and Restraints
Some of the key driving factors for the global flexible AC transmission systems market are listed below:
- Increasing penetration of technology: In the past few years increasing penetration of the distributed generation technologies have helped in fueling the growth of the global market. More and more manufacturers are installing smart grid networks to have effective and efficient power generation. This is also helping to drive the global flexible AC transmission systems.
- Expanding of electric networks: In recent years, there has been a large scale expansion of electric networks across different sectors such as industrial, commercial, and residential among others. This modernization and expansion of electric grids are also helping to fuel the growth of the global flexible AC transmission systems market.
- Government backing: Growth of the global flexible AC transmission systems market has also been helped by the several initiatives and regulations implemented by the governments across the globe.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Flexible AC Transmission Systems Market here
Global Flexible AC Transmission Systems Market: Geographical Outlook
The global flexible AC transmission systems market is primarily divided into key geographical regions such as North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Of these, the global flexible AC transmission systems market is expected to be dominated by North America, especially the US market. The US market is expected to witness a strong growth rate over the course of the given forecast period of 2019 to 2027. This high growth of the region is because of the growing investments in the development of advanced grid networks and smart grid networks. Additionally, refurbishment of old electric infrastructure is also fueling the development of the global market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.