Flatbed Semi-trailer Market: Introduction
- The flatbed semi-trailer consists of a plane metallic or wooden bed fitted over the chassis of the semi-trailer. Moreover, the flatbed semi-trailer is employed for the transportation of heavy equipment and even for the transportation of vehicles for limited distances.
- The flatbed semi-trailer market is expanding at a consistent pace for transportation of heavy equipment and machinery across the globe. Expansion of industries and road transportation services is anticipated to further boost the flatbed semi-trailer market.
Key Drivers of Flatbed Semi-trailer Market
- Global trade has expanded significantly over the last few years, thereby boosting and transforming the global economy completely. Currently, on a global scale, approximately 1/4th of the total production is exported.
- Budding bilateral trade and revised trade policies and customs within countries around the world have led to an increase in trade volume and proportion, which accounts for a major chunk of economic growth across the world
- The transition and evolution of global transportation is primarily due to expansion of manufacturing and agriculture industries, which in turn fuels the demand for various semi-trailer trucks including flatbed semi-trailers that are extensively utilized via fleet management in order to transport goods and material from one place (especially port as it have a large port based import and export) to another. These factors are primarily projected to fuel the flatbed semi-trailer market during the forecast period.
- High volume of international trade has been witnessed in countries including China, the U.S., the European Union, Japan, South Korea, India, Saudi Arabia, and ASEAN
- Rise in industrialization and expansion of manufacturing and agriculture industries in a majority of developing countries around the world have led to extensive usage of road freight transportation
- Countries in Asia Pacific continue their transition toward greater economic integration, where expansion of manufacturing, agriculture, electronics, and textile & apparel industries is a prime force in their rapid economic development. Moreover, transportation of heavy equipment, containers, construction material & equipment and vehicles by flatbed semi-trailers is anticipated to propel the demand for flatbed semi-trailer truck, thereby boosting the market for flatbed semi-trailers.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to dominate global flatbed semi-trailer market
- In terms of region, Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global flatbed semi-trailer market owing to heavy industrialization and expansion of cross border road transportation services. Moreover, China is a key manufacturer of the semi-trailers including flatbed semi-trailers.
- A notable slowdown in automotive production and sale has been observed along with other parallel industries since 2019. Furthermore, the outbreak of COVID-19 led to the sudden and sharp contraction of the flatbed semi-trailer market. Moreover, disruption in supply chain for the manufacturing of products for a long period of time significantly hindered the industry. Additionally, transportation services were abandoned due to lockdown among most countries and consequently, the market witnessed a significant contraction during first half of the 2020; however, the situation is expected to improve by 2021 and is anticipated to boost the demand for flatbed semi-trailers across the globe.
Key Players Operating in Flatbed Semi-Trailer Market
The global flatbed semi-trailer is well organized; however it comprises a few leading manufacturers. Some key manufacturers operating in the flatbed semi-trailer market are:
- ChassisKing, Inc.
- China International Marine Containers (Group) Ltd.
- FAHRZEUGWERK BERNARD KRONE GMBH & CO. KG
- Great Dane
- HYUNDAI Translead.
- Kögel Trailer GmbH
- LAMBERET SAS
- Schmitz Cargobull
- Schwarzmüller Group
- Shandong Arima group
- Shandong Liang Shan Huayu Group
- Wabash National Corporation.
- Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company.
- Dorsey Trailer.
- MANAC INC.
- Polar Tank.
- Fontaine Commercial Trailer, Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Flatbed Semi-Trailer Market, Request for a Sample
Global Flatbed Semi-Trailer Market: Research Scope
Global Flatbed Semi-Trailer Market, by Tonnage
- Below 25 Ton
- 26 to 50 Ton
- 51 to 100 Ton
- Above 100 Ton
Global Flatbed Semi-Trailer Market, by Number of Axles
- Less than 3 Axles
- 3 or 4 Axles
- More than 4 Axles
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.