Fixed-wing VTOL UAV: Introduction
- A fixed-wing VTOL (Vertical Take-off and Landing) UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) is a fixed wing drone that can take off, fly, and land vertically, as well as hover in place
- Since inception, fixed-wing drones have transformed the way experts map the world. However, they also had reliability and safety issues owing to their belly landings.
- Fixed-wing VTOL UAVs are in huge demand for military as well as commercial operations since they combine the cruising flight efficiency of fixed-wing aircraft with the appropriate vertical landing of multi-rotors
Rise in Demand for Military and Commercial Aerial Operations
- Fixed-wing VTOL UAV can independently and safely take off and land vertically with highly sensitive sensors on a small area, and thus they perform effectively in the most difficult terrain with minimal noise. It is therefore considered a viable option for combat operations and battle damage management in military applications. Fixed-wing VTOL UAV are expected to become one of the most important equipment in life-threatening military missions.
- Furthermore, fixed-wing VTOL UAVs are also in great demand for several commercial applications such as aerial imaging, agriculture, and environmental inspection and monitoring.
- However, restrictions imposed on commercial use of unmanned aerial vehicles can affect the fixed-wing VTOL UAV market in some countries, at least during the first half of the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on this report, Request for a Sample
North America to Lead the Fixed-wing VTOL UAV Market
- In terms of region, the global fixed-wing VTOL UAV market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America commands the largest market share owing to high demand for fixed-wing VTOL UAVs for traffic monitoring, disaster management, and law enforcement operations and investigation purposes. They are also extensively used for commercial applications such as product delivery, surveying and mapping, and inspection and monitoring.
- Europe is the second largest fixed-wing VTOL UAV market due to increased utilization of VTOL UAVs in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) applications
- The fixed-wing VTOL UAV market in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in South America is estimated to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Fixed-wing VTOL UAV Market
The global fixed-wing VTOL UAV market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and customized specifications to meet the growing demand for fixed-wing VTOL UAV. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking partnerships and joint ventures for development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global fixed-wing VTOL UAV market include:
- Alti UAS
- Arcturus UAV, Inc.
- Bluebird Aero Systems LTD
- Elroy Air Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Quantum-Systems GmbH
- Textron Inc.
- ULC Robotics Inc.
- Vertical Technologies Ltd.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Fixed-wing VTOL UAV Market: Research Scope
Global Fixed-wing VTOL UAV Market, by Maximum Takeoff Weight
- <25 Kg
- 25-500 Kg
- >500 Kg
Global Fixed-wing VTOL UAV Market, by Operating Mode
- Remotely Piloted
- Partially Piloted
- Fully Autonomous
Global Fixed-wing VTOL UAV Market, by Propulsion Type
Global Fixed-wing VTOL UAV Market, by Range
- Visual Line of Sight
- Extended Line of Sight
- Beyond Line of Sight
Global Fixed-wing VTOL UAV Market, by Application
- Law Enforcement
Global Fixed-wing VTOL UAV Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.