Fixed Tilt Solar PV: Introduction
- Electricity generated by fixed tilt solar PV depends on installation of PV panels relative to the sun. PV cells accumulate solar radiation more effectively when the sun’s rays are in perpendicular direction to the panel.
- Fixed tilt solar PV system determines the orientation of panels relative to the sun for enhanced energy harvesting purpose. Latitude is the vital factor that determines the tilt of the panel. At lower latitudes, the sun is at higher position in the sky and solar panels do not require much tilt to gain direct sunlight. At higher latitudes, the sun is at lower position in the sky. As a result, solar panels are generally installed at greater tilt angles to retain direct sunlight. Thus, fixed tilt solar PV is the easiest and least expensive solar panel mount.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Fixed Tilt Solar PV Market
- Unprecedented pace of growth has been witnessed in the renewable sources of energy industry over the last few years. With various government initiatives and commitments of private companies, the renewable form of energy has become a feasible option for human civilization. The world is on the verge of accepting clean and green energy at a never-seen-before scale. It is costlier to run a coal or natural gas plant than running a wind or solar plant. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), solar energy was the most contributing source of energy to the pie of renewable energy sources in 2020. Thus, the fixed tilt solar PV market is expected to expand at a faster pace in the near future.
- According to the International Energy Agency, total energy consumption in the commercial sector stood at 4, 12,627 Ktoe in 2018 and is anticipated to rise during the forecast period. Increase in awareness about electricity generation with the help of renewable energy sources is anticipated to boost the fixed tilt solar PV market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Supply Chain
- Governments of several countries across the globe have imposed stringent lockdowns to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Movement of individuals and economic activities, related to goods and services, have come to a halt because of lockdowns. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), every month of lockdown reduced demand for electricity by 20% on an average on monthly basis or over 1.5% on an annual basis. Thus, decline in demand for electricity is hampering the fixed tilt solar PV market.
Fixed Tilt Solar PV Market Segmentation
- The global fixed tilt solar PV market can be segmented based on technology, application, and end-use
- In terms of technology, the global fixed tilt solar PV market can be divided into crystalline silicon, thin film, and others
- In terms of application, the global fixed tilt solar PV market can be segregated into on-grid and off-grid
- In terms of end-use, the global fixed tilt solar PV market can be classified into residential, commercial, and utility
Fixed Tilt Solar PV Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global fixed tilt solar PV market can be split into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global fixed tilt solar PV market during the forecast period. Commissioning of many grid-scale solar farms across the region, particularly in India and China, has contributed toward the unprecedented growth of the PV inverters market. Various purchase initiatives and subsidies by the government have also played a crucial role in driving the market in in Asia Pacific.
- Solar power accounts for high share of the energy mix in Europe. In 2017, 3.6% of total electricity generated in Europe was with the help of solar power. According to BloombergNEF, this contribution is anticipated to rise up to 20% in 2040. Thus, increase in electricity generation with the help of solar power in Europe is projected to fuel the fixed tilt solar PV market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Solar FlexRack
- Trina Solar
- Alion Energy, Inc.
- Arctech Solar Holding Co
- Canadian Solar
- First Solar
- STI Norland
- UNIRAC Inc.
- SHARP CORPORATION
- Jinko Solar
Global Fixed Tilt Solar PV Market: Research Scope
Global Fixed Tilt Solar PV Market, by Technology
- Crystalline Silicon
- Thin Film
Global Fixed Tilt Solar PV Market, by Application
Global Fixed Tilt Solar PV Market, by End-use
Global Fixed Tilt Solar PV Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.