Global Fitness Watch Market – Introduction
- Fitness watches are fitness tracker devices which measure heart rate, distance travelled, capture speed during workout sessions, measure calorie consumption, and quality of sleep, etc. Fitness watches are also referred to as smart watches. Fitness watches are connected through Wi-Fi, GPS, or Bluetooth to phones, smartphones, computers, and laptops. Most fitness watches come with advanced features of core fitness, health, and connectivity and with new apps such as a blood oxygen sensor, and ECG apps. Additionally, fitness watches which are of premium range are solar powered multisport watches with pulse Ox (oximeter) to measure oxygen levels regularly, along with routable maps, and music, etc. These features have accelerated the demand for fitness watches globally.
Technologically driven solutions driving demand for fitness watches
- Smart watches upgraded with the latest technology and innovative products are driving the demand for fitness watches. Technology such as electrodermal activity (EDA) sensor records tiny electrical changes on the skin and indicates the level of stress on the body. Detection of the same results in better health and well-being. Besides relieving stress, heart rate sensors and motion detectors in fitness watches help in tracking sleep, how well the user sleeps, and trends over time. The advance devices determine health issues such as AFib and prevents problems before they occur, which is surging the use of fitness watches globally.
High quality material, availability in multiple styles, and durability leads to high performance of fitness watches
- The battery lasts for up to 18 hours, which is generally for more than a day in fitness watches. Greater adoption of wireless charging and charging jacks makes fitness watches more convenient. These watches can be customized according to individual tasks and are available in a variety of styles, looks, designs, with personalized assortment of straps, and are wellness companions 24/7. The lightweight aluminum body which is durable and high quality material leads to high performance of fitness watches.
North America considered the dominant region in the global fitness watch market
- In terms of geography, the global fitness watch market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global fitness watch market in 2020. The market in North America is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to increase in geriatric population using fitness watches, growing trend of wearable technology among youth, and rise in healthy retirement trends in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, which is projected to surge the sale of fitness watches in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period due to high-end activity tracking features, highly developed operating systems, and increasing health conscious consumers in India, China, Japan, and other countries in Southeast Asia, which is expected to boost the demand for fitness watches and create opportunities in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Fitness Watch Market
Major players operating in the market are likely to face tough competition during the forecasted timeline. Companies such as Apple Inc., Fitbit, Inc., Garmin Ltd., and Samsung Group are focusing on improving their product line by introducing new technology, high connectivity, all-day battery life, international emergency calling features, high usage in shallow-water activities, and dual-core processor. These features will enable manufacturers to cater to the demand of many customers. Some of the key players operating in the global fitness watch market include:
- Apple Inc.
- Fitbit, Inc.
- Garmin Ltd.
- Samsung Group
- CASIO AMERICA INC. (G-shock)
- Huami Co., Ltd. (Amazfit)
- COROS Wearables Inc.
Global Fitness Watch Market, By Type
Global Fitness Watch Market, By Screen Resolution
- LCD Display
- Retina Display
- OLED & OLED Touch Screen
- Others (Super AMOLED, etc.)
Global Fitness Watch Market, By Network Connectivity
- Others (GPS, etc.)
Global Fitness Watch Market, By Dial Shape
- Others (Square)
Global Fitness Watch Market, By Dial Material
- Others (Titanium, etc.)
Global Fitness Watch Market, By Strap Material
- Stainless Steel
- Others (Nylon, etc.)
Global Fitness Watch Market, By Application
- Gym Workout
- Heart Rate Measurement
- Sleep Rate Measurement
- Others (Activity Tracking, etc.)
Global Fitness Watch Market, By Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Independent Retail Stores, etc.)
Global Fitness Watch Market, By Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.