Global Fishing Vessel Market: Overview
A fishing vessel is any floating contraption that can enable capture of fish. Water bodies that this vessel can be employed in range from placid lakes made for pisciculture to rough seas where economic activity is allowed. The make of said fishing vessel is changed accordingly. Subparts attached to a fishing vessel can change accordingly to capture any quantity of fish. Also, these vessels can be motorized or manually driven according to the area of deployment.
Pisciculture has taken off in a big way, notes Transparency Market Research. People are realizing the importance of fish meat and the benefits it offers. Fish meat is rich in healthy cholesterol and helps keep fat low. Hence, more and more people are including fish in their daily diet. Moreover, the market for fish as pets is also witnessing an upward trend owing to increase in disposable income with people. Both these trends should keep growth steady for the fishing vessel market from 2020 to 2030.
Global Fishing Vessel Market: Competitive Landscape
A number of manufacturers are involved in the production of fishing vessels. This makes the market scenario fragmented. A few are specialists for this kind of boat, whereas other have diversified operations from other kinds of floating vessels. Some players in the fishing vessel market are-
- Master Boat Builders, Inc.
- Nichols Bros Boat Builders
- Lund’s Fisheries
- Chantier de constructions navales Martinez
- Astilleros Armon
- KARSTENSENS SKIBSVÆRFT A/S
- Simek AS
- Kleven AS
- Rolls-Royce plc.
A rising demand for fishing vessels has brought these manufacturers to increase production by acquisition of smaller production facilities which make subparts of boats. Innovations in the fishing industry to help increase capture rates should also be funded by these manufacturers.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Fishing Vessel Market: Key Trends and Drivers
- The pet industry is increasing globally as more and more people acquire disposable income. Fish are becoming popular as pets because of their relative ease of maintenance and possible use as meat. In the United States alone, approximately 13.1 million households keep fish as pets, making them the third most popular type of pet after cats and dogs. This trend is expected to give a steady boost to the fishing vessel market in the coming years.
- Fish meat has been globally recognized as one of the best food products one can have to increase overall health. This has led to an increase in capture world over. In 2018, total global capture fisheries production reached the highest level ever recorded at 96.4 million tones, an increase of 5.4 percent from the average of the previous three years. More demand for fish should ensure steady demand for fishing vessels globally.
- A hindrance to the growth of this market could be the increasing demand for sustainable development. Fishing vessels often extract more from water bodies than can be replenished in a short span of time, eliminating stores of fish rapidly. But this effect can be buffered by bringing strict fishing and maritime regulations globally that ensure a steady supply of fish.
Global Fishing Vessel Market: Regional Analysis
The Asia Pacific region (APAC) is currently the global leader in the fishing vessels market. The presence of rich natural reservoirs of fish makes this region lucrative for fishing industries. Not only are local vessels allowed to ply but setting up large scale fishing industries is also easier here. The absence of strict regulations on fishing makes this possible. China, Japan, India and Indonesia are major contributors to this market here. The Latin American market for fishing vessels also has lucrative opportunities.
North America and Europe are estimated to register modest growth with regards to this market. These regions import most of their fish stores and are not committed to small scale fishing deployments, though industrial fishing is still present in parts of these regions.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in global fishing vessel market, ask for a customized report
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.