Global Fishing Reel Market – Introduction
- Fishing reels are one of the most complicated parts of fishing equipment to capture fish. They are just like cameras which capture the fish and see the fish in the water. The fishing reel has moving and fixed parts to perform the functions of catching fish. A fishing reel is a device used for the deployment and retrieval of fishing line using a spool mounted on an axle. Fishing reels are traditionally used in the recreational sport of angling. A cranking reel is attached to the fishing rod for twisting the movement of fish and storing them. New fishing reels have attachments to find out the distance, accuracy, and retrieving line. These features have added advantage of catching the fish fast. The various kinds of fishing reels include fly reel, baitcasting reel, and spinning (fixed-spool) reel.
Gear ratio in a fishing reel drives demand
- Gear ratio is an important aspect for customers and fishermen as it determines the speed of fishing reels. It is a number which shows how many times the spool will turn for a single turn while catching the fish. Reels can be slow, medium, or fast. For example, 5.1:1 means the spool will turn 5.1 times for a single turn of a handle. This, together with the spool size and the line quantity present on the spool, determines how much line length is going to be retrieved in a single turn. The higher the gear ratio, the simpler it is to use for beginners and very affordable and best suited for baits and lures.
Different sizes suitable for catching different size of fish
- Fishing reels come in different sizes, mostly expressed in 10`s or 1000`s. The higher the number, the larger the reel. The reel size determines the overall strength and increase in sturdiness, which is important for catching large fish. Manufacturers are making fishing reel models in all the sizes which suffices the need for large pools. Small sizes from 500 to about 3500, are suitable for kids, beginners, and catching smaller species. These are mostly used in freshwater, or saltwater fishing in small, calm areas (like fishing in a ponds), from the shore, for very small fish.
North America to Dominate the Global Fishing Reel Market
- The global fishing reel market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global fishing reel market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, and France, due to the ability of fishing reel to withstand corrosive saltwater atmosphere, availability of multiple sizes, lightweight feature, and can be easily used by beginners & children, which is projected to surge the sales of fishing reel in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate in countries such as China, India, Japan, and other countries in Southeast Asia during the forecast period due to availability at a reasonable rate, increase in sporting and recreation activities, high quality material such as graphite, aluminum used, and availability in good gear ratio.
Key Players Operating in the Global Fishing Reel Market
Major players operating in the global fishing reel market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as SHIMANO INC., Pure Fishing, Inc., Daiwa USA, and Quantum are focusing on making innovative fishing reels which are durable and can be used again and again. The companies are also aiming to produce fishing reels which provide high-speed retrieve and are silky smooth in working.
Key players operating in the global fishing reel market include:
- SHIMANO INC.
- Pure Fishing, Inc.
- Daiwa USA
- OKUMA FISHING TACKLE CO., LTD
- Rather Outdoors, Corporation.
- Ardent Tackle LLC
- Eposeidon Outdoor Adventure Ltd.
Global Fishing Reel Market – Research Scope
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Type
- Spinning Reels
- Spincast Reels
- Baitcaster Reels
- Fly Fishing Reels
- Others (Electric Fishing Reels, Conventional Fishing Reels, etc.)
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Size
- Others (Extra Large, etc.)
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Gear Ratio
- Up to 5.1.1.
- Above 7.1.1.
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Water Type
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Price Range
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Application
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Independent Retail Stores, etc.)
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!