Global Fishing Reel Market – Introduction
- Fishing reels are one of the most complicated parts of fishing equipment to capture fish. They are just like cameras which capture the fish and see the fish in the water. The fishing reel has moving and fixed parts to perform the functions of catching fish. A fishing reel is a device used for the deployment and retrieval of fishing line using a spool mounted on an axle. Fishing reels are traditionally used in the recreational sport of angling. A cranking reel is attached to the fishing rod for twisting the movement of fish and storing them. New fishing reels have attachments to find out the distance, accuracy, and retrieving line. These features have added advantage of catching the fish fast. The various kinds of fishing reels include fly reel, baitcasting reel, and spinning (fixed-spool) reel.
Gear ratio in a fishing reel drives demand
- Gear ratio is an important aspect for customers and fishermen as it determines the speed of fishing reels. It is a number which shows how many times the spool will turn for a single turn while catching the fish. Reels can be slow, medium, or fast. For example, 5.1:1 means the spool will turn 5.1 times for a single turn of a handle. This, together with the spool size and the line quantity present on the spool, determines how much line length is going to be retrieved in a single turn. The higher the gear ratio, the simpler it is to use for beginners and very affordable and best suited for baits and lures.
Different sizes suitable for catching different size of fish
- Fishing reels come in different sizes, mostly expressed in 10`s or 1000`s. The higher the number, the larger the reel. The reel size determines the overall strength and increase in sturdiness, which is important for catching large fish. Manufacturers are making fishing reel models in all the sizes which suffices the need for large pools. Small sizes from 500 to about 3500, are suitable for kids, beginners, and catching smaller species. These are mostly used in freshwater, or saltwater fishing in small, calm areas (like fishing in a ponds), from the shore, for very small fish.
North America to Dominate the Global Fishing Reel Market
- The global fishing reel market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global fishing reel market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, and France, due to the ability of fishing reel to withstand corrosive saltwater atmosphere, availability of multiple sizes, lightweight feature, and can be easily used by beginners & children, which is projected to surge the sales of fishing reel in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate in countries such as China, India, Japan, and other countries in Southeast Asia during the forecast period due to availability at a reasonable rate, increase in sporting and recreation activities, high quality material such as graphite, aluminum used, and availability in good gear ratio.
Key Players Operating in the Global Fishing Reel Market
Major players operating in the global fishing reel market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as SHIMANO INC., Pure Fishing, Inc., Daiwa USA, and Quantum are focusing on making innovative fishing reels which are durable and can be used again and again. The companies are also aiming to produce fishing reels which provide high-speed retrieve and are silky smooth in working.
Key players operating in the global fishing reel market include:
- SHIMANO INC.
- Pure Fishing, Inc.
- Daiwa USA
- OKUMA FISHING TACKLE CO., LTD
- Rather Outdoors, Corporation.
- Ardent Tackle LLC
- Eposeidon Outdoor Adventure Ltd.
Global Fishing Reel Market – Research Scope
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Type
- Spinning Reels
- Spincast Reels
- Baitcaster Reels
- Fly Fishing Reels
- Others (Electric Fishing Reels, Conventional Fishing Reels, etc.)
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Size
- Others (Extra Large, etc.)
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Gear Ratio
- Up to 5.1.1.
- Above 7.1.1.
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Water Type
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Price Range
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Application
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Independent Retail Stores, etc.)
Global Fishing Reel Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.